Just Purchased My Rezound! Don't Forget To?

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my Rezound to replace my Incredible. Would appreciate hearing anything and everything on the best way to transition everything over.

Is ASTRO best to back up my existing applications that I want to install on the Rezound?

As for contacts, go with Verizon's Back Up Assistant? (Had turned this off when I got my Incredible).

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, if you had your old contacts synced to your Google account, rather than the phone itself, all you have to do is sync that account to your new phone and all of your old contacts will be on your Rezound. No need for VZ Backup Assistant.
Second, there's no real need to backup apps. If you purchased any, you can re-download them on the Market. Again, those apps are synced up to your Google account as well.

If you're familiar with rooting or toying around with your phone in general, check out the ROMs and Hacks sub-section of this forum and get CleanTool.
Enjoy your new phone, it's seriously the best phone I've ever owned.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
if you dont' use google, you can export your contacts to your sd card, then push it to your phone and import it there.