Does custom wallpaper affect battery?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this sounds silly, but after installing Juice Defender, my custom wallpaper reverted back to one the stock options. Of course I might have done something inadvertently to cause this in a way unrelated to Juice defender, but I thought I would check here first. Juice defender defender is amazing, btw, and if using stock wallpaper is part of it's magic, I'm fine with it. :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Live/animated wallpapers drain your battery at a greater pace than a regular, still image would.
Your best bet is to go with a regular still image if battery matters more to you than personalizing.

EDIT: By regular still image, I mean to say ANY image at all. It doesn't have to be one of the stock wallpapers, you can choose your own.

Last edited:

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I only use live wallpaper when I'm in a public area and I started off with a full battery. And I want to show off my fone. Other than that. I have a regular still wallpaper.

Sent from my HTC ZETA using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I only use live wallpaper when I'm in a public area and I started off with a full battery. And I want to show off my fone. Other than that. I have a regular still wallpaper.

Sent from my HTC ZETA using Tapatalk

iRonic...especially given your screen name and that this is Android.

OT, Everything you can touch, see, hear, taste, think, etc... effects how much power your phone consumes. Even when it has nothing to do with your phone, it still drains your battery. I'm being 99% serious here..

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies? I should have clarified that I meant static wallpaper. I don't understand how people can have lived wallpaper on their phones and maintain power for a decent of time. They really are so tempting, but I learned the pitfalls of live wallpaper long ago.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
What is live wallpaper doing with the phone off other than data updates that would drain the battery? Certainly that is no worse an offender than email syncing every15 minutes.