Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question for former DINC owners

It looks like a lot of Droid Incredible owners are transitioning over to the new Rezound and I was wondering if any of you that had the dreaded 'low on space' errors on the DINC have loaded up all of your old apps at this point and having any issues with memory on the Rezound?

I'm close to upgrading to the Rezound myself and just curious if I'll finally be able to load up on more apps on this new phone - I've really hated having to have to manage the # of apps and the data on my DINC for the last year (even did the ext4all mod to get rid of the data/data partition and still have to watch the # of my apps closely...)

Thanks for your input.
    >>HTC 8525 > BB Storm1 > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC Rezound > Galaxy S4 > Galaxy NOTE 4

I posted the very same question before buying the rezound and now that I've had it for a couple of weeks, I can that there is absolutely no low memory issue. I would have kept the DInc had it the low memory thing been so awful. I loved that phone, especially its easy-to-hold narrow profile. But I do love the rezound. It really is a natural transition from the DInc.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Question for former DINC owners

Quote Originally Posted by ctychick View Post
    I posted the very same question before buying the rezound and now that I've had it for a couple of weeks, I can that there is absolutely no low memory issue. I would have kept the DInc had it the low memory thing been so awful. I loved that phone, especially its easy-to-hold narrow profile. But I do love the rezound. It really is a natural transition from the DInc.

That's great to hear - thanks. Just waiting (impatiently) to see if there will be any good holiday time offers/discounts on it, so I can finally get mine!
    >>HTC 8525 > BB Storm1 > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC Rezound > Galaxy S4 > Galaxy NOTE 4

I haven't had a low memory issue, and I've kept all my apps on the phone so far. I'm not sure how many apps you had on the Incredible, but you can store around 3GBs of apps on the Rezound I believe.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by bosox284 View Post
    I haven't had a low memory issue, and I've kept all my apps on the phone so far. I'm not sure how many apps you had on the Incredible, but you can store around 3GBs of apps on the Rezound I believe.
    The low memory issue on the Droid Incredible was really from data from apps that was stored in the data/data partition that only held a measly 150 mb. Some people had hundreds of apps with no issue, but some apps, like Touchdown for Exchange take up a ton of that data space, so I was limited to what else I could add.

I'm assuming and hopeful that the newer HTC phones have better storage capabilites as that is a major liability on the Droid Incredible...

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock again for now

No low memory issues here. Never had them on the Dinc either tho.

SSgt, AZ ANG

I had constant low memory issues with my original Dinc, but absolutely no problems on the Rezound, and I have even more apps on the Rezound than I did on my Incredible. Absolutely love the Rezound's blazing speeds and great display. It's like the DInc on steroids!