Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck at 99%

My notification light is turning green but my battery is saying 99% Anyone have this happen?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Default Re: Stuck at 99%

Mine just started doing the sane thing. Saying it was charged at 98%. Unplugging then putting the charger back in allows it to fully charge to 100%. This has happened with 2 batterys. Should I have Verizon give me a new charger or do you think its my phone?
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Technically, a battery is never "fully" 100% charged since it's always in use, even when plugged in. This is why we can't just take out the battery and plug in a USB cable, because the phone still requires the battery to power it. When the battery reaches a certain charge, it begins using it's own power even though it's plugged in. But when the battery level decreases slightly, it begins charging and reverting back to using the power source it's plugged in to. So it's at an infinite loop of 99%.
    This isn't new, but the Rezound seems like the first phone to state the actual charge percentage.

TL;DR
    This is normal. Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    This isn't new, but the Rezound seems like the first phone to state the actual charge percentage.
    Where dose it show the battery %? All I see is a solid green battery symbol when it is fully charged.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Where dose it show the battery %? All I see is a solid green battery symbol when it is fully charged.

You can use a widget like battery monitor widget to see battery percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You can use a widget like battery monitor widget to see battery percentage.
    Thanks. I knew about the widgets, as I was using Battery indicator. I deleted it because it took my battery from 100% down to 27% in 7 hours. I thought that member who I quoted was saying the Rezound read the battery % without a widget.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Technically, a battery is never "fully" 100% charged since it's always in use, even when plugged in. This is why we can't just take out the battery and plug in a USB cable, because the phone still requires the battery to power it. When the battery reaches a certain charge, it begins using it's own power even though it's plugged in. But when the battery level decreases slightly, it begins charging and reverting back to using the power source it's plugged in to. So it's at an infinite loop of 99%.

TL;DR
    This is normal. Nothing to worry about.
    Yes that's true but battery indicators generally show 100%
    I rebooted and it fixed for one charge. Now its stuck at 99% again

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Unplugged it and plugged it back in and it went to 100%
    5minutes after unplugging and sitting on my desk its at 97%

Thanks. I knew about the widgets, as I was using Battery indicator. I deleted it because it took my battery from 100% down to 27% in 7 hours. I thought that member who I quoted was saying the Rezound read the battery % without a widget.

I use Battery Indicator by Darshan Computing and have not had any issues with battery drain. I do get the 99% issue which usually remedies easily with a simple unplug/plug in from the charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblin30 View Post
    I use Battery Indicator by Darshan Computing and have not had any issues with battery drain. I do get the 99% issue which usually remedies easily with a simple unplug/plug in from the charger.
    According to the reviews that I read after removing the app some people have had problems with it draining their battery while others have not. All I know is after removing it my battery hasn't gone down that quickly again.

What several of the posters have eluded to is what most would call bump charging. HTC seems to be notorious for charging issues. You can read about that and bump charging in this article. I use circular battery indicator on my Inc, and I'm hoping it works on the Zound, because it is a really nice level indicator. I can't say that I've ever noticed a power drain. That's not to say that it doesn't have an effect, anything running all the time in the background is having an effect, but I remember reading that the way the app monitors the battery was such that it taxed very little of the resources. Exactly how I don't recall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck at 99%-device1s.png  
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.

According to the reviews that I read after removing the app some people have had problems with it draining their battery while others have not. All I know is after removing it my battery hasn't gone down that quickly again.
    I guess it's a hit or miss as is the Rezound's battery life in general.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    What several of the posters have eluded to is what most would call bump charging. HTC seems to be notorious for charging issues. You can read about that and bump charging in this article. I use circular battery indicator on my Inc, and I'm hoping it works on the Zound, because it is a really nice level indicator. I can't say that I've ever noticed a power drain. That's not to say that it doesn't have an effect, anything running all the time in the background is having an effect, but I remember reading that the way the app monitors the battery was such that it taxed very little of the resources. Exactly how I don't recall.
    You're safe. I use Circle Battery on my Rezound. It works perfectly, but also remains at 99%.
    There's one issue, though. If you edit the widget while it's already on the screen (such as thickness, background color, etc.) It will freeze at whatever percentage it's already on. I'm assuming it's a problem with the widget itself, not the Rezound.
    The solution is to just re-insert the same widget and delete the old one. The new one will still have all of the new edits, so it's a simple fix.

You're safe. I use Circle Battery on my Rezound. It works perfectly...
    I'm glad to see I'll have an old friend in my new venture. Thanks for the post.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.