Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Static when listening to music

I recently started listening to music on my new Rezound, but I've noticed that there is a low static or interference sound in the background when the music is playing. If I pause the music the static will remain for a second or two and then turn off, but if I just lower the volume to 0 and keep the music playing the static becomes quite obvious. I love everyone about this phone, except this small annoyance.

Has anyone else had to problem and if so is there anything I can do about it? Thanks for any advice.

Global Posts
    1,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: Static when listening to music

I noticed something like this when i set my phone next to my cord for my headset when i'm on my computer... and it's not always
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My problem is more that when listening to music through the stock player or any app there is a continuous low static sound that is more obvious at lower volumes.

I have the same problem.

Had the same issue. I took my Rezound back to Verizon and exchanged it for another one. My new Rezound is just fine.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

All you said there was a low static noise?

I have it too, though I haven't heard it all of the time.
    I read on the xda forums that HTC is aware of the problem and they say they are working on a fix (via a software update). Sounds like the problem affects some phones more than others.