Trade Otterbox Defender for Beats ear buds?

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody not planning on using their iBeats that came with the Rezound interested in trading for an Otterbox Defender case? Verizon sent me one for messing up an order, and it's just way more protection than I need on a phone. My Rezound was a replacement for a Thunderbolt, and since it was CPO, I didn't get the earbuds with it. My daughter has been begging for Beats headphones for Christmas, and I just can't justify spending that kind of money on them.

I noticed some people saying in posts that the Beats means nothing to them, so I thought I'd give this a try.

I have never been this happy with a phone, especially after the nightmare with the Tbolt. Hat's off to Verizon customer service to satisfy a customer!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I cringed at "CPO." The discount from a pre-owned phone is just $50 less than regular price. I don't really see the point. Especially when the iBeats fetch $100 retail. It's gonna be a hard sell, considering the Otterbox Defender is $50 as well.

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They sent it out as a replacement. 4 thunderbolts, first had no GPS connection at all, next one data and GPS worked, but nobody could understand me when I talked, third would rarely pick up on 3G or 4G, same problem with the 4th, (just not nearly as bad), plus it would just shut down on me up to 4 times a day. Not reboot, just shut down and be dead. Did many factory resets, rooted the 4th one, still no luck. The rezound has been a dream! My phone prior to the tbolt was the Incredible, and that was an outstanding phone as well. I just wanted the tbolt for the bigger screen as I use the GPS a lot.

And as far as a tough sell? I've seen posts where people didn't even try the earbuds and threw them in a drawer. If they were planning on buying an Otterbox, this would save them $50. Might not work, but I still think it's worth a try. I've tried regular Skullcandy earbuds, and the beats works them plugged in too. Good enough for me. I just wanted to see if I could get some Beats so I could give them to my 13 year old daughter.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They sent it out as a replacement. 4 thunderbolts, first had no GPS connection at all, next one data and GPS worked, but nobody could understand me when I talked, third would rarely pick up on 3G or 4G, same problem with the 4th, (just not nearly as bad), plus it would just shut down on me up to 4 times a day. Not reboot, just shut down and be dead. Did many factory resets, rooted the 4th one, still no luck. The rezound has been a dream! My phone prior to the tbolt was the Incredible, and that was an outstanding phone as well. I just wanted the tbolt for the bigger screen as I use the GPS a lot.

That is interesting that they sent you a rezound, usually, they offer similar phones like the charge or revolution.

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That is interesting that they sent you a rezound, usually, they offer similar phones like the charge or revolution.

I agree. The tech at first mentioned a Revolution, then said the Rezound might be a little more satisfying, and on par with what I was expecting when I bought the Tbolt on launch day. She was right! That's why I had to mention how impressed I was with customer support.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just wish they would do that with my wifes x2. they replaced her 2 month old Facinate with the refurb x2 cause of the missing calls. She has had this phone only 8 months and the rubbery like covering has blistered and popped by the camera. She is pissed to say the least and she wants V to make it right.

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just wish they would do that with my wifes x2. they replaced her 2 month old Facinate with the refurb x2 cause of the missing calls. She has had this phone only 8 months and the rubbery like covering has blistered and popped by the camera. She is pissed to say the least and she wants V to make it right.

Just call and try a diferrent CS or tech rep. When Verizon bought Altel, I was a year from upgrade on all of our phones. I got 2 no's before getting a CS rep that said it would be no problem to give us all an early upgrade.

Back on the beats topic, any one willing to do it for the Otterbox and $20?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol