1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My phone locked up

I was charging my phone and was looking in the notification bar. It just locked up. I tried to press the home button and then the power button, but it was unresponsive. I unplugged the charge cable, but the charging light stayed on. I tried to hold down the power button for a few seconds, and it didn't make a difference. I finally did a battery pull and now the phone works fine.

Has anyone else had their phone lock up on them?
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: My phone locked up

Mine locked up on the task manager twice. Both times I was tapping the "End All" button like a mad man just to see how high my free space could go.
    I learned my lesson on rapidly cancelling all tasks at once, 15 button taps in a row. (Don't do it.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

well, I was not crazy pressing buttons when it crashed.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Mine has locked up a few times...all while charging(or playing with some various root function). Always the same way, charging light stays on, screen stays on. A battery pull later, I forget about it.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Mine has locked up a few times...all while charging(or playing with some various root function). Always the same way, charging light stays on, screen stays on. A battery pull later, I forget about it.
    Well, so long as it happens while you are using it, then it isn't too bad. My thunderbolt would randomly shut down with the screen off. Not good since I used my phone as my alarm clock.