Best Keyboard for the Rezound?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
What keyboard, including stock, doesn't pop up suggestions? Am I not getting something here about predictive text? I'm using GO Keyboard and only because, while texting, the SEND button doesn't disappear when the phone is turned into landscape. I couldn't get the same with Swiftkey.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
i've tried a lot of keyboards - every one listed here and wanted to add in my new favorite - ice cream sandwich keyboard.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
What keyboard, including stock, doesn't pop up suggestions? Am I not getting something here about predictive text? I'm using GO Keyboard and only because, while texting, the SEND button doesn't disappear when the phone is turned into landscape. I couldn't get the same with Swiftkey.

Apps like swiftkey have predictive text that predict based on the words you use rather than choosing the closest word from the dictionary. So if you use the phrase "I like to eat Jello" a lot, as you type "je" you're more than likely to see "Jello" pop up as the predictive text.

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed Swiftkeyx last night under the impression that it was a nicer version of swype..nopers! The keyboard seems very laggy though also provides sailor vocabulary without training it...thats nice.

Crossing my fingas and hoping a nice version of swype comes out soon!:):D;)O:)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I installed Swiftkeyx last night under the impression that it was a nicer version of swype..nopers! The keyboard seems very laggy though also provides sailor vocabulary without training it...thats nice.

Crossing my fingas and hoping a nice version of swype comes out soon!:):D;)O:)

I don't know how you feel about paying for a keyboard but I think FlexT9 is way better than swype. I probably would have never tried it if Amazon hadn't offered it free as an app of the day.
It's been so long since I used swype I don't remember what all it does, but the one big thing I like about FlexT9 is double tap spacebar for period. Since it takes swype type input I type almost exclusively with one finger, so not having to look for the period is just so convenient.

You can see more here.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey X is great - to each his own - find one you like - most are try before you buy. I haven't tried any others because Swiftkey has been great and definitely not laggy (I'm on an Inc 2).

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Swiftkey X for a few weeks now (thank you 10 cent Market sale) and it tailors itself to your vocabulary pretty well. I hit the 10,000 strokes recorded milestone the other day, even.
Eventually, when you start to type out a certain sentence or phrase regularly, you only have to type in the first word, and the suggestion box will fill pop up with the next word, so I only end up tapping the suggestion 4 or 5 times and finish out the whole sentence. Pretty cool.
Sometimes though, it gets stuck in a conversation with itself. I kept tapping the suggestion to see where it went, and it turned into "when are we going to the to the to the to the..."

majorhunadadun

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I float btwn SwiftKeyx and stock. Neither of these are laggy! The first releases definitely were though. I find that the 'dark theme' is the most responsive. I love the fact that I can shorten the long press duration. The numbers are also lined up dialer style which is the best! I still miss the spacebar quite a bit and hope they add a 'space btwn words' algorithm in a future update.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey X is easily my favorite. I've used swype (still do on my Tablet), SlideIT keyboard, Gingerbread keyboards, stock keyboards, and some others. I always come back to SwiftKey X.

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Swift Keyboard X - I got it for $0.10 during the Christmas promo but it's worth the actual price.
Gingerbread Keyboard - if you want free

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Swiftkey X for a few weeks now (thank you 10 cent Market sale) and it tailors itself to your vocabulary pretty well. I hit the 10,000 strokes recorded milestone the other day, even.
Eventually, when you start to type out a certain sentence or phrase regularly, you only have to type in the first word, and the suggestion box will fill pop up with the next word, so I only end up tapping the suggestion 4 or 5 times and finish out the whole sentence. Pretty cool.
Sometimes though, it gets stuck in a conversation with itself. I kept tapping the suggestion to see where it went, and it turned into "when are we going to the to the to the to the..."

I agree, the suggestions are uncanny, some common phrases or even sentences, the SwiftKey keyboard can guess with just the first word like you said. The layout of the keyboard isn't as good as some others, imo though. I am very happy with it overall, and glad that I got it when it was free.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE HD smartphone.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree, the suggestions are uncanny, some common phrases or even sentences, the SwiftKey keyboard can guess with just the first word like you said. The layout of the keyboard isn't as good as some others, imo though. I am very happy with it overall, and glad that I got it when it was free.

I know what you mean. I hate how the settings key is next to the comma and I end up opening a menu in the middle of a sentence, or how the smiley face key borders the question mark and questions turn out like "Dude where are you:)" when you're in a rush.
Aside from that, it's awesome. When I text my girlfriend with "when am I gonna get that ____" it auto-suggests "booty."

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. I hate how the settings key is next to the comma and I end up opening a menu in the middle of a sentence, or how the smiley face key borders the question mark and questions turn out like "Dude where are you:)" when you're in a rush.
Aside from that, it's awesome. When I text my girlfriend with "when am I gonna get that ____" it auto-suggests "booty."

I don't like the keyboard in vertical mode as much as the stock keyboard. I think that the layout of the keys is better on stock. In horizontal mode, this isn't really an issue. The placement of the settings and smiley keys are a bit annoying too, but I am more annoyed by the layout in vertical mode. Still, the accuracy of the predictions makes it well worth it.

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm maybe my swiftkey is lagging being I'm on the free trial version...I love swype but for some reason the version I installed last week works poorly on the rezound...doesnt complete words and makes its own up...kinda weird. Theres a forum all about it somewheres...sure a fix will come out shortly.

I'll hafta give the gingerbread keyboard a shot, I was using the ICS keyboard before and it wasnt so bad though that seemed SLIGHTLY laggy as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol