Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What exactly do the different power modes do?

So if you go into Settings --> Power you have the option of performance settings. From there you can pick High performance, Normal or Economy. When I tried using the Economy setting I had a dramatic improvement in battery life but my ee-mail did not seem to get pushed and certain notification settings seemed to get changed, although I was not keeping track of what they were because I did not realize why they had changed.

Does anyone know exactly what the 3 different settings do exactly (asside from keepng my phone from getting e-mail when asleep)?

Thanks in advancel
    -spg
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: What exactly do the different power modes do?

Everything except performance mode turns something off. Usually it's something that you probably want running, such as background data. I don't know that even HTC documented the exact changes in each mode.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You're gonna want to leave it on high performance. The other 2 options turn of 4G. Also, you can manually turn off things like background data or auto-sync, even if it's on high performance.

you can still manually turn on 4GLTE.