What are your thoughts on GPS settings?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You've got three check boxes and every time I boot my phone, it warns me that standalone GPS is going to open me up to the boogieman. Do you leave all three checked? Any advice?

Thanks!

...sent from my Rezound

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I leave standalone GPS unchecked. When I have it checked the GPS pinpoints my location to within a few feet! But it also eats into the battery. I usually don't need to know exactly where my phone is, but some unscrupulous app developer may want this information.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I leave mine on all the time. In the battery settings, it only actually turned on twice for less than a minute, both times were me checking my location on Google Maps. Gingerbread manages GPS very well, and unless you install some crazy app (like HD widgets) it stays off most of the time anyway.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you kidding me? When the Inc updated I started getting a warning every reboot. I always keep stand alone off but the other two on, and I can't get my browser to hold my settings for Google allowing use of my position. Please tell me this doesn't happen on the Zound. I've been thinking it's just a bug in the OTA, not something they would intentionally do. I've tried every check box and remember preference that I can find and nothing makes it stop. It makes me want to throw it against a wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs