Newegg selling for 149.99 with new/extended contract

Slouis

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Doing some shopping for this phone and moving over from the sadly doomed webOS. But in my search ive found that Newegg is doing the undercut price deal for the Rezound at 149.99 with a new or extended contract. You have to be ready for your New every 2 discount for this to work tho on the extension.

HTC Rezound for Verizon Wireless - Newegg.com

Still 10 days to go for me so I hope they do this for a while...my poor poor palm pre just took a swim in the washing machine and the rice didnt save it :(

Also hi

EDIT--- The price on newegg has now gone back up to 249. amazon is still at 149 however

Last edited:

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
to bad it is only for the main line on an account. i am the second line on the account and they are only taking $50 off. i am due also in 10 days...

Liftedv10

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the heads up, have been looking for a good deal. I see they don't offer verizon insurance, can I add this to my account after I get the phone?

mgm1979

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
So is Amazon, now...just ordered one for the wifey, to replace her Incredible with a cracked screen.

And she's not the primary line on the family account, either...so Amazon Wireless doesn't care which account you're upgrading. They offered the Verizon insurance, as well...

droidnole

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I already got the Rezound from Verizon, but I'm still within my time to return it...some questions:

- I used my 2-year upgrade to get it, if I return the phone, will that all "reset" on my account so I can use it for this deal?

- I have a "grandfathered" unlimited data plan...will there be a problem using this deal, as it seems to "default" to a certain plan when you go through the checkout at either Newegg or Amazon?

- Is there any chance I can get Verizon to give me some kind of credit by referencing these deals; instead of both them and me going through the aggravation of me returning the phone, etc.? Any chance that flies?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I already got the Rezound from Verizon, but I'm still within my time to return it...some questions:

- I used my 2-year upgrade to get it, if I return the phone, will that all "reset" on my account so I can use it for this deal?

- I have a "grandfathered" unlimited data plan...will there be a problem using this deal, as it seems to "default" to a certain plan when you go through the checkout at either Newegg or Amazon?

- Is there any chance I can get Verizon to give me some kind of credit by referencing these deals; instead of both them and me going through the aggravation of me returning the phone, etc.? Any chance that flies?

You can return the phone to Verizon within 14 days, but you will have to pay a restocking fee of $35. Your upgrade will reset once your return is processed.

I haven't heard of anyone having luck with price matching to verizon, after all, some places have different terms than Verizon.but,it doesn't hurt to try.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just tried to order the Rezound on both Amazon and NewEgg and got denied. VerizonWireless tells me I'm early upgrade eligible, but both Amazon and NewEgg say I'm not eligible for upgrade (got to wait til March it said). That sucks!! :'( Guess no one else honors the early upgrade eligibility...

I'd rather not pay $299 for this phone right now. Is Verizon Wireless going to discount this phone or do any specials at all anytime soon???

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
verizon allows you to upgrade 20 months into a 2 year contract, i believe most 3rd party require 22 months. Also, you may qualify under the now defunct annual upgrade which allows you to upgrade 13 months into a 2 year contract on qualifying plan, but annual upgrade is only honored by verizon. You can also call to see if Verizon will reset your upgrade date, but I have heard that it is tougher now. It is possible that Verizon may have a sale, but it's anyone's guess.

mgm1979

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

When I ordered it yesterday via Amazon Wireless, I was able to select options that allowed to be 'keep existing plan' for both voice and data, so the grandfathered unlimited data should still be intact.

The only thing I'm unsure of, is whether or not Verizon can/will pull the 3G to 4G data 'card' on this...I would not be too surprised for them to claim, since we were going from 3G to a 4G device, the 'grandfathered' clause is moot...we'll see.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I made the mistake of buying through Amazon.

According to their UPS tracking number, it has not even left Amazon yet (the shipping label was created on Dec 18th...it is now the 20th). Amazon says it is common that shipments are not properly scanned, so the fact that the tracking number says it hasn't shipped doesn't mean it hasn't shipped. Gee...kinda makes the tracking number a little useless eh?

So my "OMG free 2 day shipping!11!!!11!" might turn into "free 10 day shipping". What a bargain.

I wish I'd known that Newegg had it. Newegg has NEVER been late with a shipment when I have ordered from them. In fact, they are often earlier than quoted. Oh yeah, and the product is $70 less than Amazon too.

If you are reading this and considering Amazon...try Newegg first.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

According to their UPS tracking number, it has not even left Amazon yet (the shipping label was created on Dec 18th...it is now the 20th). Amazon says it is common that shipments are not properly scanned, so the fact that the tracking number says it hasn't shipped doesn't mean it hasn't shipped. Gee...kinda makes the tracking number a little useless eh?

So my "OMG free 2 day shipping!11!!!11!" might turn into "free 10 day shipping". What a bargain.

I wish I'd known that Newegg had it. Newegg has NEVER been late with a shipment when I have ordered from them. In fact, they are often earlier than quoted. Oh yeah, and the product is $70 less than Amazon too.

When I bought my Rezound for $50 at Costco with free OVERNIGHT shipping, it took 10 days to get to my house...maybe you'll get lucky and only take 9 days since you got 2 day shipping. :p

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a shipping issue with Newegg. Ever. Shipping has always been on time and often faster. I have gotten things from them overnight before even though I used 3 day shipping.

Its really my own fault. I should have known better. For some reason it didnt occur to me to check out Newegg...I saw that Amazon had it for $80 cheaper than Verizon and jumped at it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a shipping issue with Newegg. Ever. Shipping has always been on time and often faster. I have gotten things from them overnight before even though I used 3 day shipping.

Its really my own fault. I should have known better. For some reason it didnt occur to me to check out Newegg...I saw that Amazon had it for $80 cheaper than Verizon and jumped at it.

depends on the shipping. I've had stuff from Newegg take like a week to get to my house, and the warehouse that they shipped it from is less than 50 miles from my house. of course, i chose the cheapest shipping...

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
verizon allows you to upgrade 20 months into a 2 year contract, i believe most 3rd party require 22 months. Also, you may qualify under the now defunct annual upgrade which allows you to upgrade 13 months into a 2 year contract on qualifying plan, but annual upgrade is only honored by verizon. You can also call to see if Verizon will reset your upgrade date, but I have heard that it is tougher now. It is possible that Verizon may have a sale, but it's anyone's guess.

Tried calling my corporate Verizon rep about seeing if they could reset the upgrade date as you suggested above, and no luck. I guess I either have to wait til March, or hope Verizon does a deal on the phone soon!

Slouis

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Doubtful, upon my request to upgrade 10 days early from my 22 month renewal date..they responded with a yes and I would receive the "Full" 30 dollar credit which used to be a lot better mind you...but I would have to buy directly from verizon, and the credit would not be available (nor would my early upgrade) from a 3rd party seller. So 7 more days to go to full on rezoundage. :-\

mgm1979

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Must be something with your account - I had the 'approved' by carrier almost right away, and got the notice that it shipped last night...which was well within the 24-48 hours they claimed it would take.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Must be something with your account - I had the 'approved' by carrier almost right away, and got the notice that it shipped last night...which was well within the 24-48 hours they claimed it would take.

UPS is now showing it in Denver. They did not do an origin scan but they did do a destination scan late last night. So it will arrive on time after all. It is technically two business days.

That still doesnt excuse the sloppy tracking though. I will still buy from Newegg next time and recommend other people do as well. It doesnt hurt that newegg is cheaper anyway.

EDIT - Actually it is more than two days. I ordered it on Friday. So this is the third business day after the order.

mgm1979

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
UPS is now showing it in Denver. They did not do an origin scan but they did do a destination scan late last night. So it will arrive on time after all. It is technically two business days.

That still doesnt excuse the sloppy tracking though. I will still buy from Newegg next time and recommend other people do as well. It doesnt hurt that newegg is cheaper anyway.

EDIT - Actually it is more than two days. I ordered it on Friday. So this is the third business day after the order.

Oh, that makes sense...we're noticing A LOT of UPS shipments not being scanned as often as they should be, probably due to the holiday rush - regardless, no fault of Amazon Wireless there, by any means.

An AW said it would take 24-48 hours before the phone left the warehouse, while they got everything in order with the carrier...THEN the 2-day shipping following that...right? (not 2-days from the day the order was placed...)

What'd you pay via Amazon? I got it for the same $149.99 that Newegg has it for...???

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Rezound from Amazon for $219. When I saw this thread and called Amazon they said they do not do price adjustment. I mentioned that I am within my 30 day return period and asked should I just return the phone and then buy it again. The customer service rep then said she will extend a one time courtesy and refund me the $70 difference :) Thanks for the heads up androidcentral!

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I picked up mine last friday from Target mobile for $99 on a new line added to my wife's plan. Had tried to do the Amazon $0.01 deal, but they were a pain to work with. Target was a lot better. I think it's now $149, but still a good deal on a great phone.