Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
12-18-2011 08:18 PM
14 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

Exclamation MyBackup

Just used MyBackup to backup on my programs and data on my Incredible to my external card and then copied that to my computer. Then activated the Rezound and copied the file to the Rezound on the external card. The default backup folder indicates /mnt/sdcard so I copied the file directly to the main directory, but when I try to Restore, it indicates no backups exists.

In the specified directory does it need just the rerware directory which then contains the MyBackup/AllAppsBackups/AppsMedia_2011_12_18?

Any ideas?????

Default Re: MyBackup

Ran across tthe same situation. I called verizon tech and they said that the Rezound is incapable of reading data from other devices stored on sd cards (sounded strange)...However, I backed up my old phone to the Myback up pro online cloud...then installed the app on the Rezound...and downloaded my data, apps and photos from the cloud to the Rezound...try it...and let me know how it works out...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

Did you have to reactivate your old phone then, do the backup online to Cloud and then do a Restore from the Rezound using the Cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by joeturni View Post
    Ran across tthe same situation. I called verizon tech and they said that the Rezound is incapable of reading data from other devices stored on sd cards (sounded strange)...However, I backed up my old phone to the Myback up pro online cloud...then installed the app on the Rezound...and downloaded my data, apps and photos from the cloud to the Rezound...try it...and let me know how it works out...

I did it by copying the thunderbolt sd to the computer and then copying it to the rezound.from the computer. I think its prudent to keep a copy of my phones SD card(s)...the rezound has two...on my computer....just paranoid I guess.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

So you copied everything on the card you were using for the TB, copied it to the computer, and then overwrote everything on the new card that came with the Rezound? Went into Restore on the Rezound and it detected it with the default folder specified in Options?

Quote Originally Posted by skyjjc View Post
    I did it by copying the thunderbolt sd to the computer and then copying it to the rezound.from the computer. I think its prudent to keep a copy of my phones SD card(s)...the rezound has two...on my computer....just paranoid I guess.

Ya thats basically it. You might have to reassign the directory for my backup to use since the rezound has two sd cards (a built in 16gb and a removeable 16gb) and seems to default to the built in 16gb sd card. A fresh install of my backup will likely do that as well.

I copied everything to the removeable sd card (originally 16gb, but I replaced with a 32gb). The removeable sd card is at both /sdcard2 and /mnt/extsd. Its easy to browse for the correct directory in my backup and then use restore.

I had already saved my data to both my sd card and to the online cloud while my Bionic was activated. However, it's no problem for you to slip the 4g card into your tbolt, save the data online and then replace it onto the Rezound...

Global Posts
    2,631 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Root

recopy the files to sdcard2. sdcard is phone storage mybackup can not read from that. It can only read from external storage which is the sdcard2.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Yep its an issue with what the phone sees as SD and SD2...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

It defaulted to: /mnt/sdcard
    Needed to change to: /sdcard2

Now is works.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

Did you also restore your HTC Home information under Data?

Ya thats basically it. You might have to reassign the directory for my backup to use since the rezound has two sd cards (a built in 16gb and a removeable 16gb) and seems to default to the built in 16gb sd card. A fresh install of my backup will likely do that as well.

I copied everything to the removeable sd card (originally 16gb, but I replaced with a 32gb). The removeable sd card is at both /sdcard2 and /mnt/extsd. Its easy to browse for the correct directory in my backup and then use restore.

no just the apps....figured the home info might be different between the two phones.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

Hmmmm, I ended up doing apps, home settings, and all.

Anyone know if that will cause any problems or should I do it over?

no just the apps....figured the home info might be different between the two phones.

Doing over wont change anything unless you saved a backup of the original home settings. I figured home settings would include things like app icoins and associated file locations which would likely be different on the new phone. Shouldnt hurt anything except possibly nonworking icons on home screen which you can simply reinstall from apps drawer Just leave it alone and fix ant issues one by one..
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

The only old thing I am experiencing randomly is:

The Application Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again