Any compelling reason(s) I shouldn't get the Rezound?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought one on Friday on the recommendation of my friend in Georgia who absolutely loves it. Amazon had them for $219 on an upgrade.

Didnt buy the Razr because it is Motorola (I *loved* my Droid 1, but Moto pissed me off with their Nazi anti-root policies). Also...no removable battery is a deal breaker for me. I dont care how thin it is. And while I love Super AMOLED, I dont like the low resolution qHD display. The Razr does look damn cool though.

Didnt wait for the Galaxy Nexus because while it was Super AMOLED and 720p, it is Pentile, and I hate Pentile. Also...no SD expansion...on a NEXUS Device?? WTF Google??? ICS is tempting, and it would be awesome to own another vanilla Android device, but no SD is just asking too much from me.

Yes, Beats audio is a gimmick IMO. But so what? The expensive eatrbuds are NOT a gimmick. Thats a good deal. It is a bulkly battery hog and polluted with Sense, but I get a fast processor, the best display on the market, a removable battery and SD Expansion. I plan on installing LaucherPro asap once I get it and eventually I will root it and free myself from Sense once and for all.

The Rezound may not be perfect, but it is better than anything else I have seen so far. I think I will be happy with it.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought one on Friday on the recommendation of my friend in Georgia who absolutely loves it. Amazon had them for $219 on an upgrade.

Didnt buy the Razr because it is Motorola (I *loved* my Droid 1, but Moto pissed me off with their Nazi anti-root policies). Also...no removable battery is a deal breaker for me. I dont care how thin it is. And while I love Super AMOLED, I dont like the low resolution qHD display. The Razr does look damn cool though.

Didnt wait for the Galaxy Nexus because while it was Super AMOLED and 720p, it is Pentile, and I hate Pentile. Also...no SD expansion...on a NEXUS Device?? WTF Google??? ICS is tempting, and it would be awesome to own another vanilla Android device, but no SD is just asking too much from me.

Yes, Beats audio is a gimmick IMO. But so what? The expensive eatrbuds are NOT a gimmick. Thats a good deal. It is a bulkly battery hog and polluted with Sense, but I get a fast processor, the best display on the market, a removable battery and SD Expansion. I plan on installing LaucherPro asap once I get it and eventually I will root it and free myself from Sense once and for all.

The Rezound may not be perfect, but it is better than anything else I have seen so far. I think I will be happy with it.

You need look no further. Head over to the ROMs sub-section and get CleanTool. Rid yourself of bloat and Sense in less than a few minutes.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!

My phone is still in transit, but that is a priority for me. After having a Droid for so long, I am spoiled on Vanilla Android. I dont like having layers on top of the real OS.

Is Clean tool a perma-root or a temp-root?

(NM....saw it is temp root. Better than nothing though! Thanks again!)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!

My phone is still in transit, but that is a priority for me. After having a Droid for so long, I am spoiled on Vanilla Android. I dont like having layers on top of the real OS.

Is Clean tool a perma-root or a temp-root?

(NM....saw it is temp root. Better than nothing though! Thanks again!)

It is a temporary root, but the clean tool changes will remain after you lose root.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The earbuds that come with the phone aren't bad. They're not going to be as high-quality as some other brands (Shure, for example), but they're a nice bonus.

As for "Beats Audio," it's basically a gimmick. It's an EQ program that you can mess with to make the music sound better to you. Not much different than any EQ program (like the one built in to iPods). My HP laptop has Beats, and listening to music is PAINFUL on it, no matter how I tweak the settings. When it comes to the music, its all about the quality of the file, quality of the processing (which is where Beats Audio would come in) and the quality of the speakers. Miss any one of those elements, and its like missing the 3rd leg of a stool.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The earbuds that come with the phone aren't bad. They're not going to be as high-quality as some other brands (Shure, for example), but they're a nice bonus.

As for "Beats Audio," it's basically a gimmick. It's an EQ program that you can mess with to make the music sound better to you. Not much different than any EQ program (like the one built in to iPods). My HP laptop has Beats, and listening to music is PAINFUL on it, no matter how I tweak the settings. When it comes to the music, its all about the quality of the file, quality of the processing (which is where Beats Audio would come in) and the quality of the speakers. Miss any one of those elements, and its like missing the 3rd leg of a stool.

You can't mess with the settings in the rezound. Beats is on or off, that's it. EQ's will let you do a lot more, but most people don't know what to do with an eq, and that's why I think they made it just on-off, so it's simple and easy to use.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
How is the 4G coverage in your area? If your area is strong, you should see good battery life which is typically a knock on HTC phones. I have had my phone for about a month and have had zero issues. Dumped the Samsung Charge and have not looked back. I considered switching from the Rezound to the Nexus but the build quality will keep me away. The Rezound is rock solid in that area.

Well I live downtown in a city that's been turned on for a while now (at least a few months). I've been told I should have 4g at home and people that live around me have no problem getting it. I don't get 4g on the Nexus at home though. So, I assume a switch to a phone without widespread radio signal issues (like the Rezound) would get 4g no problem. Not to mention I don't get 3g in areas my Incredible has for almost 2 years.

Everyone keeps talking about Beats Audio and how it only works with 1 or 2 apps? What is Beats Audio then? An equalizer?

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Everyone keeps talking about Beats Audio and how it only works with 1 or 2 apps? What is Beats Audio then? An equalizer?

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

In essence, yes. It runs only with HTC's default music player and it has a toggle switch. Personally, I like Beats. It adds a solid bass boost and seems to amplify the vocals as well. Also, the earbuds isolate sound perfectly. I literally can't hear anything going on around me, just the music.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I went and traded in my Galaxy Nexus for the Rezound today. Have had little to no time to use it yet, but I'm fairly certain I'll be happier. Time will tell. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes