Any compelling reason(s) I shouldn't get the Rezound?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm having some signal issues with my Galaxy Nexus and am seriously thinking of trading it for a Rezound. This may happen as soon as today. Anyone have any reason(s) I should stay away from the Rezound. I've mostly only heard good things about it. Thanks.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Only reason people aren't happy with the rezound is that it doesn't have permanent root/S-Off which allows for ROMS. Oh and there's a ton of Verizon bloatware on here. Temp root lets you kill it all and remove sense if you so choose, however it only disables the bloat/sense because we don't have permanent root yet.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Beats audio is a gimmick. I was all about upgrading to a rezound from my incredible until I found out that beats doesn't work with Pandora, iheartradio, or audio galaxy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Only reason people aren't happy with the rezound is that it doesn't have permanent root/S-Off which allows for ROMS. Oh and there's a ton of Verizon bloatware on here. Temp root lets you kill it all and remove sense if you so choose, however it only disables the bloat/sense because we don't have permanent root yet.

I had an Incredible for almost 2 years and never rooted, so this isn't a deal breaker for me. With that being said, you said "yet", does that mean permanent root will happen, it's just a matter of time?

Beats audio is a gimmick. I was all about upgrading to a rezound from my incredible until I found out that beats doesn't work with Pandora, iheartradio, or audio galaxy.

Can someone explain Beats audio to me? Is this software on the device I assume? What is it exactly? Thanks.

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I love my rezound, I came from the thunderbolt and had the incredible, this phone is the best device I've had.

Via Rezound!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
...beats doesn't work with Pandora, iheartradio, or audio galaxy.

Yet. I saw an article that Beats has released code to allow 3rd party devs to write beats code. Plus this is just the first device to sport the Beats software. If other devices follow, or some other audio becomes popular on devices (like Bose), player app devs will be pushed to write code for them. With it just being this one device the push may not be strong enough to get more than one or two in the next few months to a year. I have faith that someone will want to take advantage of the offering.

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
You said you are having radio issues. I switched from the tbolt to rezound because i could not get a good signal at work.Since the switch the radio is not a issue best phone i ever had rock solid.

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
best phone i ever had I got bored with the iphone 4 and the droid x just left me wanting more and when I picked up the galaxy nexus to play with a demo it did the same just boring left me wanting more. The rezound truly hit the spot

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You said you are having radio issues. I switched from the tbolt to rezound because i could not get a good signal at work.Since the switch the radio is not a issue best phone i ever had rock solid.
Was it switched under warranty, or did you have to pay for it?

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe that enables beats all the time, it just enables the equalizer so you can achieve higher quality music from any source.

I never said it enables beats, I said beats audio QUALITY all the time. Hell, it sounds better than beats.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some signal issues with my Galaxy Nexus and am seriously thinking of trading it for a Rezound. This may happen as soon as today. Anyone have any reason(s) I should stay away from the Rezound. I've mostly only heard good things about it. Thanks.

How is the 4G coverage in your area? If your area is strong, you should see good battery life which is typically a knock on HTC phones. I have had my phone for about a month and have had zero issues. Dumped the Samsung Charge and have not looked back. I considered switching from the Rezound to the Nexus but the build quality will keep me away. The Rezound is rock solid in that area.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
That's my point. I can use an equalizer on any phone. So what music advantage does the Rezound have once you take away beats?

Most people don't buy $100 headphones, and most people are completely idiotic when it comes to EQ's. Beats is the SAMOLED for sound, better than most people know about, but those in the know, another story. You can still download any EQ, but the headphones, even if not really worth $100, sound a million times better than the buds that came with my Desire.

To the OP, the only reason not to get the Rezound, is no ICS for now, and this will be one of the first phones that is supposed to get the promised updates for 18 months, and more timely than in the past.

necorbin

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Beats audio SEEMS like a gimmick right now, because of the lack of support in 3rd party audio... However HTC has released the API for it, and it's only a matter of time before all the major audio programs are updated to support it.

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound is my first android phone.

I was waiting for the Nexus, and bought this to try. I like the phone enough I'm not going to bother trading it in.

My only issue with the phone is I can burn through the battery in less than a day if I'm not careful. I hear that's pretty common for android phones though.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Beats audio SEEMS like a gimmick right now, because of the lack of support in 3rd party audio... However HTC has released the API for it, and it's only a matter of time before all the major audio programs are updated to support it.

Exactly. And in 12 months when I'm ready for a new phone I'll probably go back to HTC. Beats was supposed to be the killer feature of the Rezound but the handicapped deployment of it ruined the experience for me.

I will say this though, after living with Motorola's camera technology for a month I have a new appreciation for my old Incredible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey