Phone automatically switches to "CDMA only"

streetfoo212

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound seems to switch to "CDMA only" by itself. I'll notice that I'm getting terrible coverage and not using 4G at all, and sure enough, LTE is off in the network settings.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't tell if it's the default setting or if it's due to a power saving mode.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
any power setting other than high performance will automatically switch to 3g. I used the lte on off app and was able to turn on lte manually.

Reactions: streetfoo212

streetfoo212

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I had it set to normal thinking that it wouldn't do something that drastic. I might as well keep it on high performance because battery life isn't really an issue with the extended battery.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound seems to switch to "CDMA only" by itself. I'll notice that I'm getting terrible coverage and not using 4G at all, and sure enough, LTE is off in the network settings.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't tell if it's the default setting or if it's due to a power saving mode.

Just for clarification, when you go into settings. You have it manually set to LTE/CDMA only, then without changing it yourself. At a later time it will deselect on it's own, to CDMA only?

brad3024

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was crazy but I think my phone has done same thing. My battery mode is set to performance.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why did you use an app? It's able to be manually configured in the Wireless network settings.

You can't set lte with voice only from the settings menu. You can only set lte plus cdma or cdma only. Since his problem is being stuck on cdma, sometimes forcing lte will work better, at least it seems to be do that for me

feralicious

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me a couple times. Seems to stay on now. I did get the LTE on/off app but it happened even after using that. It happened in "performance mode" and while phone was on, not after a reboot.

No idea why or why it's not happening anymore.

msporter10

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
It is a Verizon issue. The Bionic had the same issue so they sent out a "fix". Unfortunately the fix didn't work. I have a Rezound and the same thing happened. I spent a long time on the phone with Verizon reps who have no clue how to fix it. They can refresh your towers and tell you to pull your sim card and battery......but it will still switch right back to 3G.

Bottom line you have to download the LTE switch app. It works. When you do.....put it on 4G LTE/ Phone only. At minimum better than anything else. Verizon as far as I know has no plan to fix the issue.

Last edited:

streetfoo212

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. It hasn't happened recently, but I've been using custom ROMs for the past couple weeks. No idea if that makes a difference.

I have been noticing that 4G reception is extremely variable. Some days I'll have constant 4G at a certain place, but then the next day, I'll have just 3G or even no data connection in the same area. That could be a ROM issue I guess, though.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me, was wondering what happened to LTE all of a sudden...lol

Looked in the Settings and it somehow was switched to cdma only. I dont feel bad that I'm not alone now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173