Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    tourboy's Avatar

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

    Question Handcent instead of Messages

    Just installed Handcent and used that previously with my Incredible and love it.

    Is there a way to change the Messages icon that appears each before you unlock the ring?

    Also, how do you permanently disable Messages so incoming messages only go to Handcent? I managed to disable the Messages notifications, but after clicking on the Messages icon, it looks like the messages are still being copied there.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    Open Handcent ... menu... settings... application seettings.... 2nd from the top... Defautl Messaging App.... select ALL(SMS&MMS)... that will send all messages to Handcent
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    tourboy's Avatar

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    Did that and no longer getting any notifications from Messages, but when clicking on the Messages icons, it seems the same message content appears as what is in Handcent. Deleting it from one place then causes the other place to also be deleted. Is this intended behavior or is there a way to turn off Messages completely.

    Also, is there a way to change the Message icon on the main screen that appears each time before you unlock the ring to Handcent?


    Quote Originally Posted by quarter2five View Post
    Open Handcent ... menu... settings... application seettings.... 2nd from the top... Defautl Messaging App.... select ALL(SMS&MMS)... that will send all messages to Handcent
  4. #4  
    Laramie's Avatar

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    Try this:

    1. From the main screen, hit "Personalize"
    2. Press "Display" at the bottom
    3. Press "Lock screen shortcuts"
    4. Press "Choose lock screen shortcuts"
    5. Press the "Messages" app, then select "Handcent"
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    tourboy's Avatar

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    That worked thanks! Any idea when using Handcent how to stop text message from also showing up under Messages?



    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie8x8 View Post
    Try this:

    1. From the main screen, hit "Personalize"
    2. Press "Display" at the bottom
    3. Press "Lock screen shortcuts"
    4. Press "Choose lock screen shortcuts"
    5. Press the "Messages" app, then select "Handcent"
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    I don't think you can stop that.
  7. #7  
    Laramie's Avatar

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    Quote Originally Posted by lawnboy View Post
    That worked thanks! Any idea when using Handcent how to stop text message from also showing up under Messages?
    You can disable notifications, but do you mean popping up on the homescreen when the phone is locked and showing new texts?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    Quote Originally Posted by lawnboy View Post
    That worked thanks! Any idea when using Handcent how to stop text message from also showing up under Messages?
    You can't stop that; it's how Android works.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie8x8 View Post
    Try this:

    1. From the main screen, hit "Personalize"
    2. Press "Display" at the bottom
    3. Press "Lock screen shortcuts"
    4. Press "Choose lock screen shortcuts"
    5. Press the "Messages" app, then select "Handcent"
    thanks that helped me out
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    tourboy's Avatar

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    Thought I was able to do it on my Incredible, but I guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjb.butler View Post
    You can't stop that; it's how Android works.
  11. #11  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    Quote Originally Posted by lawnboy View Post
    Just installed Handcent and used that previously with my Incredible and love it.

    Is there a way to change the Messages icon that appears each before you unlock the ring?

    Also, how do you permanently disable Messages so incoming messages only go to Handcent? I managed to disable the Messages notifications, but after clicking on the Messages icon, it looks like the messages are still being copied there.
    I just went into settings for Messages and disabled the notification and sync. Thats how I did it on my Droid 1 as well.

    I love Handcent too.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Handcent instead of Messages

    is there a way to link handcent to google voice texts?

Posting Permissions