Return to verizon store to get it from amazon wireless question

smileeee

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the Rezound yesterday from the Verizon store for $32X. I renewed the contract. BUT I see now it's on amazon for $149. Can I return the phone to Verizon, get a refund, go back to using my old smartphone, (probably pay the restocking fee), then order it from Amazon, renew my contract, and then activate the phone? This would save me $140. I'm pretty peeved that I jumped on the rezound without checking amazon the day I got it.

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Return to verizon store to get it from amazon wireless questi

yes you can return it, pay the restocking fee then order from Amazon. They rep in the store told me he usually gets his from
Amazon because they are cheaper even with his discount.

erigsby#AC

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I have a similar issue. If anyone could answer that would be great.

I opened a new line with Verizon yesterday. I ported my number from T-Mobile so this new line with Verizon is my only line/phone. Now that I see it's cheaper on Amazon, or even at Costco, can I return the phone to Verizon, but keep the line open and just buy the phone again from another retailer then activate the new phone for my number?

smileeee

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I was mainly concerned about losing my upgrade capability if this was done. I decided not to do it, though, because I am on a family plan. My S/O doesn't have a smartphone and is thinking of getting one in the near future. With Amazon wireless, no plan changes can be made or you risk paying the fee. So, I'm just going to keep my awesome phone at a not awesome price.

I called Verizon though, to check about the upgrade, and they gave me a spill about I can return it for any reason before 3 days, but I will have to pay the restocking fee. They also said that the upgrade would be lost if the device were returned. This sounded sketchy to me, so you may want to call before going ahead and doing the swap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670