1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else having problems with stock mail app?

I'm using Yahoo mail and maybe 10% of my messages are showing up blank. Anyone else having this issue? I downloaded the Yahoo mail app and they show up there so may just use that. Have to say so far mail disappointing compared to my 3gs.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: Anyone else having problems with stock mail app?

Not having issues in the sense you are but sometimes my emails don't come through until 2-3 hours later(once it was 6 hours) which is NOT good for business as I have SLA's with several customers of 1-2 hours responses. These emails are seperate servers(pop/smtp) not gmail or any other mail service.

I started looking at other apps to replace the mail app. the problem is that it's very very time consuming to locate an app that met all requirements. If I had the time I would make the app I need.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

The stock mail app sucks. Always has, and hopefully stops sucking in ICS. Try K-9 or enhanced-email
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The Froyo stock email app was god-tier.
    This one on Sense is not so bad, but not so great. Emails seem to show up whenever they get around to showing up, but it's usually within a span of 1-2 hours, so it's tolerable.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

I've never seen a stock e-mail app I liked better than Secure9. Secure 9 has all the same options and more, and works will all the major webmail vendors flawlessly. I like it better than native GMail and Yahoo both. I have all three of my webmail accounts in the same app.

I decided to pass on K9 mail because I did not want a Doctor Who Themed Mail client. Secure 9 is made by the same people.

I had issues with the stock email app not sending to some addresses from an IMAP account. The same address could send from webmail so it was very confusing.
    Now I user k-9 which is satisfactory.
    Maybe I'll check on secure9 too.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Secure9 even has folder support for GMail (and I assume for Yahoo as well).