Small quirk

smileeee

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from the OG Droid. On that keyboard, when autocomplete was used, a space was added to the end of the word enabling you to start typing the next word. On the Rezound, no space is added, so I am constantly typing two words together with nospace. I am guessing I'll get used to this, but it seems to take a lot longer to use the space bar all the time. Is there a good free app that adds a space after autocomplete?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from the OG Droid. On that keyboard, when autocomplete was used, a space was added to the end of the word enabling you to start typing the next word. On the Rezound, no space is added, so I am constantly typing two words together with nospace. I am guessing I'll get used to this, but it seems to take a lot longer to use the space bar all the time. Is there a good free app that adds a space after autocomplete?

Unless you actually like this keyboard(which I don't) Try grabbing another keyboard. There is a great port of the stock Gingerbread keyboard in the market by Steven Lin. It should bring that old familiar look/feel back.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
OP, you missed the 10 cent deal for SwiftKey X. It adds the space after each spellcheck or punctuation, and I hate that crap! I use the space key, as I've done since the days of my old ass clamshell phone. I didn't ask for this "convenience" and I don't want it.
Don't even get me started on how acronyms and people texting like toddlers is degrading the English language.

/rant

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
OP, you missed the 10 cent deal for SwiftKey X. It adds the space after each spellcheck or punctuation, and I hate that crap! I use the space key, as I've done since the days of my old ass clamshell phone. I didn't ask for this "convenience" and I don't want it.
Don't even get me started on how acronyms and people texting like toddlers is degrading the English language.

/rant

I couldn't agree more. However I've learned to adapt my typing style accordingly. I think people should be coming back to "speaking" English(or whatever their native language is) now that we have full keyboards, and yet all I see is "U" instead of "you" etc...really bugs me especially when I know they have a phone with a physical(or full virtual) keyboard. Hell, they can use STT and never have to touch the keyboard and it still would try to properly differentiate "there" "their" and "they're"..ahhahahaha

/myrant

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

The solution is to download a better keyboard. I doubt I will ever be using the default keyboard on any Android phone ever again.

I like the iTap Keyboard a lot. And it does include enhanced Gingerbread keyboard and lets you remove or add buttons.

https://market.android.com/details?id=sixgreen.aos.itap