1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for now

Default Can You Talk and Surf on 3G Simultaneously on a Rezound?

I thought I read that you can here, but I can't find the post.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: Can You Talk and Surf on 3G Simultaneously on a Rezound?

Yes you can. You can talk/surf on 3G and 4G.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

yes. have tested it out.

Just to be clear. If you are in a 3g only area (no 4g signal) you can still talk and pull data simultaneously? Or are you saying that you talk over 3g and pull data over 4g?

Quote Originally Posted by esper.knight View Post
    Just to be clear. If you are in a 3g only area (no 4g signal) you can still talk and pull data simultaneously? Or are you saying that you talk over 3g and pull data over 4g?
    i keep my phone on 3g only most of the time and yes, i tested it while just on 3g.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

yeah i can also verify that in fact even on 3g, you can talk and surf at the same time

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

Yep, I have tested this as well in CDMA only mode.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I know that I am resurrecting a thread from Dec, but can anyone explain how that this phone does this so well, when not many other Verizon phones seem to have the ability? I mean, there is not even much of a slowdown in data speed. How's this working?

Quote Originally Posted by cottonberry View Post
    I know that I am resurrecting a thread from Dec, but can anyone explain how that this phone does this so well, when not many other Verizon phones seem to have the ability? I mean, there is not even much of a slowdown in data speed. How's this working?
    The rezound has separate 3g data and voice radios.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Are they both CDMA rev a, just two completely separate radios? Got a link for more info?

Is this just an htc thing or why haven't others done the same? I'm sure there are negatives, but what would they be?

The whole issue is not a very big deal unless your using your phone as a hotspot for your laptop or tablet.

Thanks.

The rezound has separate radio for voice and data on 3g. Most other verizon phones use the same 3g radio for voice and data,hence only one can be used at a time

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

I picked up a Galaxy Nexus after getting my Rezound and besides battery life, I really miss this feature when I am using my GN on a long day of travel where I usually turn off 4G to make it through a day. With my Rezound, I can tether and talk when needed when not in a 4G area which is awesome for when I get calls for work.

The Rezound is one nice piece of hardware!

Are they both CDMA rev a, just two completely separate radios? Got a link for more info?

Is this just an htc thing or why haven't others done the same? I'm sure there are negatives, but what would they be?

The whole issue is not a very big deal unless your using your phone as a hotspot for your laptop or tablet.

Thanks.

Although is for the Thunderbolt, it most likely applies to the Rezound. As far as negatives; probably only one: possible increased battery drain (to power multiple radios).

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I picked up a Galaxy Nexus after getting my Rezound and besides battery life, I really miss this feature when I am using my GN on a long day of travel where I usually turn off 4G to make it through a day. With my Rezound, I can tether and talk when needed when not in a 4G area which is awesome for when I get calls for work.

The Rezound is one nice piece of hardware!
    Go back to the Rezound! It's a really great phone, and has better radio signal than the Gnex, from my experience.

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HollyDay View Post
    Go back to the Rezound! It's a really great phone, and has better radio signal than the Gnex, from my experience.
    I bounce between them all the time. I bought a micro SIM adapter for $1.50 on eBay and just move it between the phones whenever I want, very slick.

The Rezound is definitely my work horse.

Sent from my HTC Rezound