Launchers and battery life

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed if third-party launchers like GO Launcher EX or Launcher Pro Plus use more or less battery than Sense? LPP lagged on my phone, so I uninstalled it. Now using GO, but I also like Sense, and so far haven't noticed any difference in battery life. I did use CleanTool to de-bloat, so maybe that makes a difference. Anyone notice their battery life?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It's basically the same battery life, assuming you disabled Sense. If you have two launchers running, it's just a waste of resources.
This is assuming you use Go Launcher, though. I can personally vouch for that one, but I've heard different launchers handle battery life a little differently.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
It's basically the same battery life, assuming you disabled Sense. If you have two launchers running, it's just a waste of resources.
This is assuming you use Go Launcher, though. I can personally vouch for that one, but I've heard different launchers handle battery life a little differently.
I didn't disable Sense, just the bloatware. I guess my question is will a bloatware-free Sense use more battery than a launcher such as GO Launcher EX?

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Get an extended battery and you won't have to worry about Sense or anything else using resources. I use my phone heavily and it lasts over 24 hours. All the talk about bloat and UI using so much resources is blown way out of proportion. Of course I agree we should be able to run or not run whatever we want, but lets get real about it. The Rezound does not lag with Sense 3.5 at all.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

so i tried it several times. i temp root. mount sd card, then select disable sense. then reboot.

once it reboots i get a blank screen just my wallpaper and the top status bar and touching the screen does nothing. home buttons do nothing. i re-temp root, mount sd card again, then re-enable sense then reboot. i get my homescreen back, i hit home and it asks me which launcher to use (i have adw, adw ex, and sense installed) and now i am back to normal again.

what am i doing wrong.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
so i tried it several times. i temp root. mount sd card, then select disable sense. then reboot.

once it reboots i get a blank screen just my wallpaper and the top status bar and touching the screen does nothing. home buttons do nothing. i re-temp root, mount sd card again, then re-enable sense then reboot. i get my homescreen back, i hit home and it asks me which launcher to use (i have adw, adw ex, and sense installed) and now i am back to normal again.

what am i doing wrong.
After you temp root, the very next thing that you do is select disable Sense(don't do anything pertaining to mount sd card), and it will tell you when it is done, then select reboot and you are done.
BTW, be sure USB debugging is enabled and you are on "charge only".

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

what am i doing wrong.

VERY IMPORTANT-- Be sure that HTC Sync is turned off!