How do I get rid of the Sense keyboard?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I found something about the Rezound that annoys me.

I have installed Swiftkey and iTap keyboards. They show up in settings. I have tried checking both (unchecking and rechecking, rebooting, ect) and that damn Sense keyboard is still there?

How do I get rid of it? Is it even possible without rooting? I have already used Clean Tool, and it scrubbed Sense from my phone, but this damn keyboard is still here. Any ideas?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It's more or less a sense thing but only because they took that button off of their keboard. You can enable keyboards to choose from in settings -> keyboards but then you have to activate it via the long press in a text box. Confusing but as long as that god-awful keyboard goes away who cares.. ;-)

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can't speak for the Droid, but I'm pretty sure that's typically how one changes keyboards in Android. It's how it works in my Incredible, regardless of whether I'm running a Sense ROM or an AOSP ROM.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't speak for the Droid, but I'm pretty sure that's typically how one changes keyboards in Android. It's how it works in my Incredible, regardless of whether I'm running a Sense ROM or an AOSP ROM.

I had a Droid 1, and had friends with a Droid2, Fascinate, DroidX, and Optimus V. Changed keybaords in all of them. never had to do it this way.

In vanilla Android (and apparently Motoblur and touchwiz too), you just change it in the settings and it is immediate...no long-press needed. It seems to be an HTC thing. This is my first HTC phone.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
It's more or less a sense thing but only because they took that button off of their keboard. You can enable keyboards to choose from in settings -> keyboards but then you have to activate it via the long press in a text box. Confusing but as long as that god-awful keyboard goes away who cares.. ;-)

The irony is that I actually had the Sense keyboard installed on my Droid for a while, lol

It isnt awful, its just too cluttered IMO.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Give the Sense keyboard a chance, guys. It's not too bad.
Also, if you open up your app drawer and click on the new keyboard app, a textbox should pop up with a list of available keyboards and which one you want to use. At least it does with SwiftKey.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming off of two years running a stock/GB keyboard. The sense keyboard is too cluttered and nonsensical to someone like me. I need my stock keyboard, which I'm running. However as with everything else in Android, to each their own!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming off of two years running a stock/GB keyboard. The sense keyboard is too cluttered and nonsensical to someone like me. I need my stock keyboard, which I'm running. However as with everything else in Android, to each their own!

To each their own? I thought we were supposed to trash phones we didn't buy, but promote ours. I could've sworn that's what the Nexus taught us.
Stock keyboard is better though, I agree.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Lol so true. I was running stock android and used swiftkey. I now have a sense phone(vivid) and I am liking the sense keyboard. That is until I get a new phone or if root ever becomes available for it. Just a matter of preference.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Umm yes on the Droid X you had to long press the text box and then click on the keyboard you wanted!! Had to do it every time I switched to a different keyboard! I liked to change it up on that phone LOL

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Umm yes on the Droid X you had to long press the text box and then click on the keyboard you wanted!!

Not sure what to tell you...on my friends phone I change the keyboard for him and didnt need to do that.

Apparently you only have to do it once on the Rezound. I can now swap between keyboards through settings only...I only did the long-press thing once.

I dont hate the Sense keyboard, I just like the iPhone (iTap) keyboard better. Its less cluttered and that makes it easier to type on in portrait mode IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX