Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Crackling sound (similar to blown speaker) when making calls

So, I just got a replacement Rezound. This was a new replacement, not a refurb. When I am making a call, sometimes it sounds okay, then all of a sudden, i will hear this crackling sound, kind of like a blown speaker. it has happened on several phone calls already. BTW, my replacement has the same low hiss when the music player is on that I talked about in some other thread. ugh.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Crackling sound (similar to blown speaker) when making calls

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    So, I just got a replacement Rezound. This was a new replacement, not a refurb. When I am making a call, sometimes it sounds okay, then all of a sudden, i will hear this crackling sound, kind of like a blown speaker. it has happened on several phone calls already. BTW, my replacement has the same low hiss when the music player is on that I talked about in some other thread. ugh.
    Looks like you have some bad luck. The music player issue is very isolated/rare, and the crackling sound on phone calls I've never even heard of happening.
    There's no fix for a speaker issue, so I suggest another return is on the horizon for you.
    I hope this doesn't turn you away from the Rezound, because even a search on this forum would let you know that those issues don't happen very often, if at all.
    Thanked by:

There is probably one of two issues. 1. Speaker has unseated from internal contact points. 2. Fine metal particles got past mesh covering speaker.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks all, I just wanted to bring some light to the issue, in case someone else has the same problem in the future. My first one had a stuck pixel as well, which is also very uncommon based on what I've read. For the record, I had two replacement Thunderbolts as well, maybe will be the same with the Rezound. Third time's a charm, right?

There's no other phone on the market I want, the gn has signal and battery life issues, and having my Thunderbolt early on, those issues are a pain to deal with, and I don't want to go through that again. I am very happy with the Rezound signal-wise, very solid signal, better than my tb.

The music issue is bad for only classical music. The other types of music aren't really noticible. It is a problem in the Amazon mp3 as well as stock (with and without beats), tune in radio pro. I think the issue is that classical music is set much quieter. what i mean is normally, say i listen to classical at 50%, for other music, i might only have to be at 20%. It's worth it to note, the hiss is slightly different depending on the app.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

OP:

Did your original have the same headset crackling/popping?

My phone is doing the same thing, especially during the beginning of a call. Now here's the weird thing, the store display model and an employee's rezound did the SAME thing.

I want to go back for an exchange but it was hard for the manager to agree with me since 2 other phones in store did the same thing.

The sound is very annoying, it's not static, it's an actual popping/cracking coming from the headset speaker. Very frurstrating.

Does anybody else see this happening, especially a second or two after a call connects?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

it's sporadic. sometimes, it is the whole call, sometimes, at the beginning, sometimes the middle, sometimes, it's fine, then it's not, then it's fine. I recorded a short blurb, is this what yours sound like?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

How do you record a call?

Looks like the first potential candidate for OTA #1, is taking shape.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I am not sure if there is a stock app, but there is a voice recorder app in the market. But I used a 4S to record it to get the sound and stuck it right next to the earpiece.