Wifi vs 4g

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
When near a wifi do you connect to it or just stay on 4G? At my house I get around 20mbps download speeds. Give or take depending on network conditions. I get around 24mbsp with wifi. Plus much higher upload speeds and the battery consumption is much lower. My buddy is convinced wifi is no longer needed with 4G but I think the battery savings alone are a reason to use it.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have unlimited data so what ever is faster is the one I use. I find the 4G to be more reliable most of the time.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The wifi is only slightly faster and it's a pain in the butt to remember to turn the radio on and off. I'm sure there are a lot of battery savings though

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
In my house using Wifi iis a no brainer I have Verizon Fios 35/35 fiber internet and a N router

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I use wifi at work and home to save battery life the down load upload is not that important to me battery life first in my case I can go almost a day with out charging but on 4G had to charge about 5 to 6 hours in.

The wifi is only slightly faster and it's a pain in the butt to remember to turn the radio on and off. I'm sure there are a lot of battery savings though

Download battery widget from market and you can toggle Wifi, BT,GPS, Display and Battery very easy to us my fav App. good luck

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
if you set wifi to on, it will automatically detect a wifi and connect to that, then automatically detect no wifi and switch back to 4G. Leaving the wifi "on" all the time does use some batteries but very little, and it is more convenient, definitely uses less power than leaving 4G on all the time.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
wifi all the way. when its available, im on it. i have a fast internet connection so why not utilize it? i use my phone a lot at home to read stuff on it with Pulse, etc..

why use 4g so i have to worry faster about being plugged in?

of course when i get my amazon transformer prime i will use my phone a heck of a lot less at home :)