Rezound+Bluetooth+iPad= oh no internet
04-10-2012 08:43 AM
- Hello fellow Rezounders! I am a new member to both your community, and to the phone. I've come from a Droid X, and aside from enjoying the ability to do several things without my phone freezing, I'm really digging the Rzd.
One thing I was somewhat aware of, my wife had a DInc, is the lack of connectivity between HTC and iPad. This wasn't a deal break for me, but I did get somewhat used to just connecting from my DX to the iPad and having instant internet, so my question is obvious:
Will this be possible for the Rezound in the future, you think? Or, if it gets rooted and I manage to root it without imploding my neighborhood, will I be able to use a mobile hotspot or something similar?
(Also, I did look around for other topics on this subject, but if I missed one please forgive me.)12-26-2011 02:41 PM
- Before purchasing mine, I'd asked around and no one had found an app that would let you do this with the rezound (this may have changed now, but not sure), so I had to get the HotSpot feature from Verizon. If you're like me and need more than what the $20 option gives you, ask them about getting the unlimited option for just $30. I wouldn't get it if I didn't need it, but my job depends on it.12-27-2011 12:48 PM
- xxfallacyxxBeardedTemp root via the clean tool + OpenGarden Wifi Tether
Unfortunately any reboot on the Rezound will cause you to lose root status, until you re-root.
I too came from a Droid X and I do miss the permanent root and dev community for the phone, but I love my Rezound so I'll stick with it.
EDIT: Unless I misunderstand what you're trying to accomplish... are you trying to use the phone to provide internet for the iPad, or vice versa? I know you can hook your phone up to the computer and provided you have the proper drivers installed on the computer you can enable an internet pass-thru mode to share your computer's internet connection. I don't think this would work with the iPad unless HTC has made the appropriate software you'd need to use on the iOS12-27-2011 12:52 PM
- I agree with xxfallacyxx however I just use wifi tether v2.0.7 because it's free. Also you mentioned Bluetooth in your OP. Not sure how you were tethering BT but that same method may be available to you with temp root on the Rezound.
Edit: NM, open garden uses wifi tether source.12-27-2011 03:14 PM
- 12-28-2011 07:05 AM
- Everything on my DX was stock, never rooted or installed any custom ROMs. I literally just went into wireless settings, turned my BT on on my droid, made it discoverable, did the same on my iPad and paired them like I would a headset, and a little icon popped up on my ipad where the wifi signal would be, looked like two chain links connected, and I had internet.12-28-2011 09:56 AM
- Everything on my DX was stock, never rooted or installed any custom ROMs. I literally just went into wireless settings, turned my BT on on my droid, made it discoverable, did the same on my iPad and paired them like I would a headset, and a little icon popped up on my ipad where the wifi signal would be, looked like two chain links connected, and I had internet.12-28-2011 09:59 AM
There were bluetooth tethering apps from what I recall, and I do think they needed root as well... of course here I am speculating when the answer is probably a quick market search away... :whistles innocently:12-28-2011 11:15 AM
- I'm having the same issue. I was able to bluetooth tether my Transformer Prime to my completely stock Motorola Droid 2 with no problems. I switched to an HTC Rezound today, and it won't even connect to my Transformer Prime. Just the stupid "Paired but not connected" status. Hoping maybe the upcoming ICS update will fix this.04-10-2012 01:33 AM
- I had a Thunderbolt and connected it all the time using PDAnet with my laptop and then my Transformer after Verizon's free hotspot promo ran out. I used Bluetooth, wifi and USB tethering. Once I got the Rezound I tried, but can't connect. I started looking at the settings and found that there is now an app that once something like PDAnet, Foxfi or a app like these runs it instantly starts. Its called 'TetherGuard' or something like that. Now I have to decide if I want to root my Rezound or leave it running the ICS leak.04-10-2012 08:43 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Rezound
Rezound+Bluetooth+iPad= oh no internet
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD