Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xxfallacyxx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Scratched screen

Has anyone scratched their screen yet? I just got my first one. Very disappointed. Thought I'd last a lil longer before I scratched it

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Has anyone scratched their screen yet? I just got my first one. Very disappointed. Thought I'd last a lil longer before I scratched it
    Why not just get a screen protector?
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Default Re: Scratched screen

Yea... happened Christmas day. *sigh*

Just not sure if the scratch is worth the insurance fee lol. It's down in between the menu and back buttons.

How did you two manage to do that?
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

I actually haven't the slightest idea. When I noticed it though, I had that feeling, the one which comes when you find a scratch on your $300 phone lol.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Why not just get a screen protector?
    Yeah I don't like the way screen protectors make the screen feel

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    Yea... happened Christmas day. *sigh*

Just not sure if the scratch is worth the insurance fee lol. It's down in between the menu and back buttons.
    How bad is the scratch? By the end my 3gs had plenty of scratches but I never noticed them when using it. A few scratches are a small price to pay to not have to deal with an ugly screen protector that lowers the sensitivity of my high tech touchscreen device.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

It's a good scratch.

I've been trying to take a picture of it with the phone, but to no avail. It just won't bend that much. (haha kidding)

I'm thankful it's not on the real screen area.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    How did you two manage to do that?
    This.

It is hard to scratch glass. Sand will do it (rocks in general). Metal might. My Droid 1 lasted over 2 years without a single scratch and weathering heavy use. The case is scratched to hell, but the glass screen looks brand new.

On glass screens a screen protector is a waste of time IMO...it makes the image look worse and makes the screen less sensitive to touch (which I know some people actually like because they think the screens are too sensitive...so that isnt always a bad thing).

Screen protectors are a relic of the days of plastic screens. I dont know of any Android phones released this year that have plastic screens.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    It's a good scratch. I've been trying to take a picture of it with the phone, but to no avail. It just won't bend that much. (haha kidding)
    Doesn't need to bend...it has a front camera remember? Point it at a mirror.

This is my first phone with a front camera. I cant think of a use for it yet, but I think it is cool to have one.
    Thanked by:
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Doesn't need to bend...it has a front camera remember? Point it at a mirror.

This is my first phone with a front camera. I cant think of a use for it yet, but I think it is cool to have one.
    Haha my first use of the front camera is quite the story.

A buddy of mine sent out a mass text containing a picture of his desk at work, on which there were several bottles of hard alcohol and it had the caption "It's a slow day at work". Being the smartass that I am, I quickly hit the reply button, choose attach picture, and used the front camera to take a picture of myself pegging him off with the caption "Thank's for giving me a reason to use my front facing camera".

Well, much to my surprise the stock messenger app does not just reply to the person who sent the message, it replies to EVERYONE the message was sent to... so I sent a picture of me pegging the camera off to about 12 people I don't even know.

Some replied, others did not. The few that did reply got to share the laugh at my failure.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Got 2-3 micro scratches in my screen. Not noticeable when in use but if the screen is off you can see it.

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 2.4

Have a cheap screen protector on it. Much rather see a scratch on it, than a scratch on the glass. Drives me nuts!

If the scratch is between the menu and back buttons you most certainly should not make an insurance claim... the fact that you are considering it tells me why Insurance fees are so high these days. Not trying to berate you, just can not believe you'd consider that scratch worth claiming.

What is disappointing is that it scratched without you knowing, which means you probably didn't put it in sand or anything like that... sucks that these glass panels are so fragile.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

I assume you were replying to me, as your reply fits my situation perfectly lol.

I can assure you that insurance prices are not so high because of "people like me". They are that high because insurance companies want to make a profit, and subsequently every year they want to make a bigger profit.

I'm paying for the phone insurance, and I'm most certainly going to get my money's worth, rather then spending the next 2 years paying a monthly amount for a gamble.

That being said, I haven't sent it in.
    kgbeezr1 likes this.