What's involved in getting Beats in Google music?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Does Google have to write something into the app for it? Can a separate app be written to intercept and apply the Beats technology to any other music player?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Someone would need to compile Google Music with the beats library and add a DSP option in Google Music. So this is more of a google thing because their apps are typically closed source.

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought that the beats worked with the Google music I take it that it only works with default music app is that correct?
I have not used the default music yet :mad::mad:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
so is there away to bring some of my music from G music to the music player?

Sure, sync your google music with your phone. Find where it stored all that music then copy it over to /sdcard/music or /sdcard2/music.

Of course you could just install DSP manager and tweak the sound manually but that's up to you.

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
thanks the music is sync to my phone I thought it was in the clouds and we just used it, I have the EQ app and use that and love it but I will look in to DSP.thanks again Mr Smith317

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's as easy as finding the music in Google music and moving it. I tried that, and Google music assigns a number to each file. You could copy them, and probably play then, but all the tags would be wrong, and that would need fixed. Just using dsp manager us a whole lot easier.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curious...does anyone know what the "beats" EQ settings are? Is this a company secret or can we find it online somewhere?

Someone posted a thread on another forum about how to use DSP manager as a Beats alternative. They posted screens of the settings and everything. If I ever remember where I'll post it, otherwise try googling it.

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's as easy as finding the music in Google music and moving it. I tried that, and Google music assigns a number to each file. You could copy them, and probably play then, but all the tags would be wrong, and that would need fixed. Just using dsp manager us a whole lot easier.

I down loaded DSP for some reason it doest not work, it tells me to got to Settings/Audio and enable but we have no audio only sounds and it does not have a place to change audio output. please help

Last edited:

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly clear on your problem, but will take a stab it. Dsp manager is a standalone app. To turn it on, you need to go to that app. I find it easiest to play music in Google music while doing this. When you get in the app it asks first if your changing the headset, speaker, or bluetooth. Pick headset, then the first tic is to enable dsp, check that box, then start making changes.

Dsp runs in the background and effects all sounds, as long as it's enabled.

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly clear on your problem, but will take a stab it. Dsp manager is a standalone app. To turn it on, you need to go to that app. I find it easiest to play music in Google music while doing this. When you get in the app it asks first if your changing the headset, speaker, or bluetooth. Pick headset, then the first tic is to enable dsp, check that box, then start making changes.

Dsp runs in the background and effects all sounds, as long as it's enabled.
when I open the app it takes me to Thanks for downloading this app but nothing else works no menu button or setting buttons only obtion is to see license agreement or exit thats it , we are talking about DSP pack right there is also a DSP plug in witch I have not down loaded yert

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I think he's just recommending DSP Manager. I think it works great and can be adjusted to your listening preferences.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

courthaven

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I just tried the settings from my above forum link and they do seem to make my Google music sound pretty close to the Beats settings. I'm not an audiphile by any means though but please let me know what you all think. We may be on to something here.

Have a good one.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Would have been nice if they could have had it work with google music... I dont use my stock music player either.. Sounded good when I had my Rezound with the beats..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2