How do you switch from 4G to 3G???

Redandroid

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
To save on battery life and when 4G is not needed, is there a way to keep on 3G vs 4G. I know you can switch to WiFi, but can't always get WiFi when away from the house... Anyone out there know???

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes there is a way to switch from 4G to 3G, Go to

Menu>Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode. Here you can switch between LTE/CDMA (4G) or CDMA Only (3G).

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I read this somewhere else and it works for me. Download Anycut from the market. Create shortcut based on an activity. You will see a huge list of activities including several CDMA options. Choose the last one on the list. And there you have it.....a shortcut that will take you straight to the settings menu where you can toggle 3g or 4g.

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk.

Reactions: dpham00

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I read this somewhere else and it works for me. Download Anycut from the market. Create shortcut based on an activity. You will see a huge list of activities including several CDMA options. Choose the last one on the list. And there you have it.....a shortcut that will take you straight to the settings menu where you can toggle 3g or 4g.

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk.

This is awesome! I can't believe an app from 2008 still works. THANKS!

...Sent from my Tab

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget to mention LTE On/Off app for the Thunderbolt (works on Rezound) as a shortcut to the LTE setting menu

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to mention LTE On/Off app for the Thunderbolt (works on Rezound) as a shortcut to the LTE setting menu

I tried that and it opened a much more complex window of options.

...Sent from my Tab

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I really hate it when poeple ask questions like that as a response to a question. "Why do you want to turn it off"? Why does it even matter why? He wants to turn it off. LOL!

In direct answer: You can do it with apps on the market. Here is the one I use:

8cLba2-joGpXM1atp_PW8GV46sy9La_7xPi89-VAcM7SGS_wkR8csJ1N0D2rFkjhLuKh=w124

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

When you tap it you get a bunch of options...there is a drop down for preferred network type. I toggle it between "CDMA Auto" (for 3G) and "LTE Mode w/Voice" (for 4G). It is more complicated than just a simple toggle apparently, but this method does work and is easy to use.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I actually don't have a problem with battery life. I may not be a power user though. And I use Dolphin HD for a browser and Dolphin Companion which has a battery life optimization component to it that seems to work well.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I really hate it when poeple ask questions like that as a response to a question. "Why do you want to turn it off"? Why does it even matter why? He wants to turn it off. LOL!

In direct answer: You can do it with apps on the market. Here is the one I use:

Click to view quoted image

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

When you tap it you get a bunch of options...there is a drop down for preferred network type. I toggle it between "CDMA Auto" (for 3G) and "LTE Mode w/Voice" (for 4G). It is more complicated than just a simple toggle apparently, but this method does work and is easy to use.

Yes, this is the one I mentioned. PaulQ said "I tried that and it opened a much more complex window of options"

Not sure about that. If there's anything quicker, I haven't seen it.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have 4G off because at home I have wifi and at work I don't get 4G signal. No point in having it on if it's not in use. When I need 4G speeds I turn it on but otherwise there is no need for it while testing and calling people.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I toggle it between "CDMA Auto" (for 3G) and "LTE Mode w/Voice" (for 4G). It is more complicated than just a simple toggle apparently, but this method does work and is easy to use.

Yes, for the LTE OnOff app, you just switch between the 2 items on the drop down .."CDMA Auto" (for 3G) and "LTE Mode w/Voice" (for 4G), and don't mess with the other menu items.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
get 4g toggle for Razr.

you don't have to deal with tons of options in a drop down menu. once you select the menu you have two choices - CDMA or LTE/CDMA

it's much better than most of the toggles out there.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
get 4g toggle for Razr.

you don't have to deal with tons of options in a drop down menu. once you select the menu you have two choices - CDMA or LTE/CDMA

it's much better than most of the toggles out there.

On the Rezound, this just brings up the Network screen. Pretty much the same as Any Cut. Still a very good option.

Funny how everyone complains about the icon. It is pretty "noticeable."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol