1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to transfer contacts on HTC Rezound to Google account?

I was wanting to either sync all of my contacts on my HTC Rezound to my google account or just transfer them over so that I can have a printable copy since the google account can be done in an excel spreadsheet. I'm mainly looking to do this because when all of my contacts were switched over to this new phone, they synced up in a weird way and I want to just re-do them all manually and sync them individually and link them to what I want to link them to without it doing it all at once. That way I'll have the printable version to look off and enter them in.

Default Re: How to transfer contacts on HTC Rezound to Google account?

i would like to know how to do this also.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible

Would love to know this myself

Open the "People" app
    Go to Menu>Import/Export>Export to SD card. This will create a backup of what is on your phone now.

To import to Google, you have several options
    1) In the "People" app, Select Menu >More>Move contacts>Move contacts from...phone>To Google
    2) You can use the vcard created in the backup and import it to your Google account.
    Thanked by 5:

thank you, thank you. been trying to do this since my Dinc.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

after moving the contacts, how do i retrieve the updated list of contacts on my gmail? I can't find the updated list, it's just the old list i had before.

Quote Originally Posted by kchalsey51 View Post
    after moving the contacts, how do i retrieve the updated list of contacts on my gmail? I can't find the updated list, it's just the old list i had before.
    It may not be added to your "My Contacts" in Google. Go to , log in, and you may have to either accept the import, or it might be filed under "other contacts". If it is in "other contacts", go to that section, select all the contacts you wish to move to "my contacts" then click on the "Add to my contacts" button.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

how do I accept the import?

Quote Originally Posted by kchalsey51 View Post
    how do I accept the import?
    Depending on how you import, you may have to accept the import. When going to the Google.com/contact under my contacts, there may be an import folder, click on it and click accept if it is an option.