1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Task Manager on Rezound

I know this has been asked a million times before but I keep getting conflicting responses: Is an app killer necessary on the HTC Rezound even though it has a task manager with a kill option? This is (obviously) my first Droid so I don't want to risk messing up any of my other apps by downloading an app killer. Also on the task manager, I see Facebook is taking up a ton of space (of course). Should I choose to have that "killed" even though I turned off the auto-sync?

Thank you all so much!
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Default Re: Task Manager on Rezound

The only way you're going to get facebook to stop using memory is to uninstall it.

That being said, don't worry about the amount of free memory you have. So long as an app isn't constantly processing or syncing something, then it can sit in memory and stay there without costing much battery power at all.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Exactly the type of answer I was looking for! Thanks, you're a lifesaver!
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

No problem. There's always been a lot of buzz about task managers/app killers. The Rezound has one stock anyway, it's in the "quick settings" tab of the pull-down menu.

Way back when on the Droid X when memory was a more precious commodity, there was a rage about app killers and how they were always touted as "improving performance and battery life", but the truth of it was that as long as the app was in memory and not processing, it requires little or to no battery power to keep it in memory, and if the OS needs more memory than it has available it automatically dumps apps from memory that aren't currently in use.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah, that's where I found the task manager..Under quick settings. Thanks again for the straight to the point answer!