Are you using a power manager like Juice Defender?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Juice Defender... Green Power... BatteryFu... BatteryXL...

Are you using one of these and do you notice a difference on the Rezound?

Thanks!

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I use Dolphin HD as a browser, and a sister app is Dolphin Companion which has a simple Battery Optimizer, and Memory Manager that is available when you pull down the notification bar. Its simple and seems to work pretty well.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'm at the point where I just use the "Battery Left" widget coupled with the stock power usage statistics. I can see what I'm using that's killing the battery quickest, and if need be I adjust my usage accordingly.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried them all when I had my Incredible. Results were negligible at best. They all seem to do the same basic things. Turn off WiFi, turn down screen brightness, Turn off Data, Turn off Background syncing, Lower screen timeout, some combination of those things. Meaning when you go to use your phone, you get to wait for everything to turn back on and start flowing back in / out. Annoying more than anything in my opinion.

Anyway, I have the extended battery for my Rezound, no need for power management. I can now charge my phone once every 24+ hours, rather then every second I get a chance to.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Battery managers are useless. They only do things that you can already do yourself.
If you're in need of a middle man, though, you can just use the one built into the Rezound. 3 simple options with 3 simple outcomes.

merfolk17

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I really like Llama - Location Profiles, really customizable. For instance I have several profiles where if im low on battery, it will shut off wifi, gps, data and turn brightness down. Also another profile setup where if my phone is connect to my BT car, it will turn on GPS, otherwise turn GPS off. Very flexible in regards to what you can program and very simple to use.

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
i use Juice Defender. but i still do things like turn screen brightness down at night, wi-fi where not available.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Juice Defender. I basically just use it to turn off 3G when my screen is off. It opens the connection once every 30 minutes to sync/check email and the like. When I have Wifi on, I have it set to do nothing.

Saves me a lot of battery life while at work. I connect to work Wifi where I can, and 3G in between buildings. I often work in the basement areas with no or barely any cell service. Wifi can also be hit or miss in these areas.

So because my connectivity options change so frequently during the day, Juice Defender manages everything for me. Its the difference between finishing the work day with 25% battery vs finishing it with about 50-60%.

Sent via VM670

Strafe

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I really like Llama - Location Profiles, really customizable. For instance I have several profiles where if im low on battery, it will shut off wifi, gps, data and turn brightness down. Also another profile setup where if my phone is connect to my BT car, it will turn on GPS, otherwise turn GPS off. Very flexible in regards to what you can program and very simple to use.
+1 for Llama. For starters it's free, and the author blogs about and updates the app frequently. One thing I do is turn off the Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G data, account sync and GPS between 12 midnight and 6:30AM. All calls and texts still work during this period, but it saves my battery a ton.

Llama can "learn" different areas such as work, home and places in between. It can set your ringer and notification policy accordingly, and it can detect when you are in a meeting and mute the device entirely.

The learning curve for Llama is steep, but it's highly customizable and feature rich. For my Samsung Epic on Sprint, I've seen very good results.

Llama Blog: KebabApps

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5rZWJhYi5MbGFtYSJd

capcanuck

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Ive found that the easieat way to save battery is to turn off sync, and turn off data when im not using it... some roms have those options in the dropdown which makes it real easy. I also freeze device manager in titanium backup which seems to help

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Juice Defender. I used it on my Droid X, Nexus (when I had it) and now on this phone. It normally gives me 1.75 to 2x times the battery life.

At it's core it really is a simple idea that works.... It cuts off the data connection and then turns it back on every 5 or 15 minutes (your choice as to the time-frame) for 15-30 seconds so all your mail, twitter, facebook, etc. can sync.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
What exactly happens in the sleep mode? With my BB, I had it set between midnight and 6am, and at midnight the phone would turn completely off, stone-cold. I set it the same with my Rezound, and, within the sleep period, I press the power button and the phone is on immediately, absolutely indistinguishable from the non-sleep mode. So what's the point?

Holmzy31

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I use the paid for advanced task killer app. Its nice because it will automatically kill all apps every hour on the hour. On top of that I just manage my settings like wifi and gps off if I'm not using them. Same for 4g data. I think the best thing I have done is disable background data. Battery life seems to have really benefitted from it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair