Can I use my Rezound for tethering my Kindle Fire?

B

budmonster

Is there any way to use my Rezound's 4G connection so I can use the internet on my Kindle Fire? Is there a way to tether? I would love to be able to use the internet on my KF when I'm not near WIFI. I know it can be done just have no clue how? Anyone?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
There are two ways to do it

1) Pay Verizon an extra amount per month ($30 I think) for access to their hotspot tether app

-or-

2) Root your device and download a tether app like Open Garden.

Both solutions have different drawbacks to achieve the same goal. One is money, the other is a partially reduced warranty.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There are two ways to do it

1) Pay Verizon an extra amount per month ($30 I think) for access to their hotspot tether app

-or-

2) Root your device and download a tether app like Open Garden.

Both solutions have different drawbacks to achieve the same goal. One is money, the other is a partially reduced warranty.

You don't need root to use pdanet, but some wifi tether apps do require root. The ones that don't require root usually cost for the full version, but there is usually a free version that has some limitations.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE HD smartphone.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well there you go. 3 ways to go about this.

EDIT: Actually, how does pdplanet tether? Is it via creating a wifi hotspot, or is it an internet pass-through via USB?

If it's the latter, I don't know if the Nook can use internet via USB.

Just food for thought.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well there you go. 3 ways to go about this.

EDIT: Actually, how does pdplanet tether? Is it via creating a wifi hotspot, or is it an internet pass-through via USB?

If it's the latter, I don't know if the Nook can use internet via USB.

Just food for thought.

Pdanet can run usb or bluetooth.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE HD smartphone.

B

budmonster

im still confused? do i install the tether app on my kindle fire once its rooted? or do i place it on my phone? ive never done this before. im not doing the verizon one id rather buy an app and do it that way, im rooted.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The tether app goes on your phone. Most custom roms have the tether app built into them, so if your not running a custom rom, I would suggest that. Some do it with a separate app, some get the verizon hotspot to work (free). There is nothing to do on your Fire, it pretty much thinks your phone is a wireless router, and connects the same way.

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I did the temp root (is there a perm root available yet?) then installed googles teethering app
works great for wirelessly teethering my laptop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae