Help. I need data on my old phone for like 5 minutes

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered you can't set up your old phone on Google with just a Wifi connection. It wants data. I know that once it is setup, it doesn't care and will use Wifi. I see how you can activate an old phone on Verizon's web site but will they let me just flip it back to the Rezound in 10 minutes or will some sort of alert block me? Anyone know? Thank you!

...Sent from my Tab

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys!! You gave me the motivation to keep trying and I figured it out.

"Background data" needs to be checked!

...Sent from my Tab

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered you can't set up your old phone on Google with just a Wifi connection. It wants data. I know that once it is setup, it doesn't care and will use Wifi. I see how you can activate an old phone on Verizon's web site but will they let me just flip it back to the Rezound in 10 minutes or will some sort of alert block me? Anyone know? Thank you!

...Sent from my Tab
You can change phones every 5 minutes if you wanted to. I switched to another phone to activate it, then switched back a few minutes later, no problems.

courthaven

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to use your old phone still with WiFi. I went in with mine and downloaded an app for running and I still use it via GPS to track my running distances.