50% off Rezound ext. Battery - did this forum miss that?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got an extended battery at my Verizon store for half off. $30. They are sold out online.

Not sure I'm keeping it because it renders my awesome Body Glove case useless and I haven't found a good case for this yet. Got the Verizon gel case. Its kind of weird. Anyone find a better one?

(I don't think this was posted here?)

...Sent from my Tab

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It was on sale a while back but went off sale until just a few days ago. Back on sale. I tried to buy early last week and it was full price. Now it's not! Woo hoo!

...Sent from my Tab

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
The tag on the box reads $49.99. Verizon honored the mistake and sold it to me for $25.

I bought it since the price was right to test it and have not gone back.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you all finding you *need* an extended battery?

Ill be honest. I tried it for the day and I decided I can't give up my nice case. Plus it made my phone unable to rest flat on a table. Just a bit awkward.

Ad far as need, I can see it would completely eliminate the concern over running out of power. For a heavy user, it's probably a good buy. I was sort of on the fence and it was a good deal so i thought I'd try it

Mine is going back but this is a great deal if you aren't too sensitive about cases and find yourself running out of juice too soon. I know people have complained about that here.

...Sent from my Tab

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It was on sale a while back but went off sale until just a few days ago. Back on sale. I tried to buy early last week and it was full price. Now it's not! Woo hoo!

...Sent from my Tab

Are you sure it was on sale between mid Dec and early Jan. I picked mine up just after the original sale ended in Dec. I had to pay reg. price for mine. I haven't seen it on sale from then till this was announced.

Aegis

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it was on sale between mid Dec and early Jan. I picked mine up just after the original sale ended in Dec. I had to pay reg. price for mine. I haven't seen it on sale from then till this was announced.

All Verizon 4G LTE phone batteries were 50% off during that time period. At least it was online.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm really not sure about the dates. I just know I read on here about a sale and looked for it to no avail. Then I read about it on XDA just a couple days ago, checked and now it was on sale. It all happened in roughly the past month because I got my Rezound in the second week of December. I could easily be confused with the dates though.

...Sent from my Tab

MINIATUREART

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I read the original sale was over, but decided to visit my local Verizon store and purchased the extended battery for $30. Not a bad deal. So far I get about 40 hours of use primarily on 3G.

I work outdoors so having such a long battery life is essential. I use my Rezound primarily to read PDF files, get pushed emails and will switch to 4G to pick up shifts for work.

Nice upgrade, I just can't use my Ottorbox Commuter case. I will probably pick up a TPU rubber one from the forum's store.

BOBBY

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I got one for $25 and been switching back and forth to the regular battery. I live and work in bad signal areas that drain my battery. When I'm on wifi the thing runs like a champ on the stock battery.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

jpoutre

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my Rezound about 10 days ago and got the battery half off ($30 for me). I have always needed it with the Dinc I had, so figured this would be the same. I bought 2 Gel cases, I took one and cut the back off around the battery and it works fine. The cases make the power button so much easier to use. The only issue with the bulk of the battery is how it sits in my AKON car holster, it works but sits just a bit out from it. I can't comment if I really need it, I am trying the regulary battery during the week as I work from home and have it plugged in, and on weekends when I am out and about, I will switch to the bigger battery. I figured at $30, battery was no brainer.

beja

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for an extended battery online, but VZW was out of stock. So I went to my local VZW store and was able to get a battery at 50% off. I had to ask about the promotion, of course, as the 50% deal wasn't advertised in store. So as of 1/23/12, this offer is still available in store and online.:D

Reactions: Egnix

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased it today, half off and the extra bulk and weight isn't bad at all and it still fits my docking station.

Overall for 32 buck's out the door it's a good deal, better than 1800 or 1900 mah deals. It's a steal at this price with a whopping 2750 mah of juice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy