Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why would you encrypt your SD card or storage?

Topic pretty much says it. There are options but I don't quite get the point since I never let my Rezound out of my sight. :-) Also seems like it would slow things down.

...Sent from my Tab

Default Re: Why would you encrypt your SD card or storage?

If Scarlett Johannson had encrypted the self shot nudes on her phone. The person who hacked her phone and stole them would've had one heck of a time decrypting them to view. It's a nice security feature for whatever you deem sensitive data. It just makes it very difficult to view the file content, aside from the parent device. Given the chipset and ram in the Rezound, it's not gonna slow you down noticeably unless you go haywire and encrypt all your apps, pics files etc.,. Even then I doubt you'd notice anything aside from some extra digits of available ram ticked off when encrypting is in use. As far as it's effectiveness in use is concerned, look at Moto for an example. They encrypted the bootloader on the DX. All efforts at decrypting it have proven futile for every hacker who tried to crack the enigma. So they gave up and ceded to defeat.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    If Scarlett Johannson had encrypted the self shot nudes on her phone. The person who hacked her phone and stole them would've had one heck of a time decrypting them to view...
    You say this as if it were a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    You say this as if it were a good thing.

I say it b/c it is a good thing. A good thing she didn't encrypt them so I could see the goods she'd never show on the silver screen. I'm not big on blondes but that chick is one of Gods finest products.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    I say it b/c it is a good thing. A good thing she didn't encrypt them so I could see the goods she'd never show on the silver screen. I'm not big on blondes but that chick is one of Gods finest products.
    I mean that hackers would have a hard time trying to reveal boob pictures.
    The chesticles are quite nice, I'll agree with you.

Nope, The Icloud was hacked not the phone. They don't have an option to encrypt the cloud yet soon I am guessing there will be a new phone Apple is worse than M$ when it come to wanting money.