Video capture frame rate

musicalprogrammer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I took a couple of test videos for the first time yesterday (one in 720p and the other 1080) and noticed they both have a framerate of 23/second. Any way to improve on this? I would have expected at least the one at 720 to shoot 30 fps.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I took a couple of test videos for the first time yesterday (one in 720p and the other 1080) and noticed they both have a framerate of 23/second. Any way to improve on this? I would have expected at least the one at 720 to shoot 30 fps.

On the Rezound? That's the first I''ve heard someone say this. Did you run a FRAPS benchmark on it or something similar to support your findings?

Last edited:
Reactions: musicalprogrammer

musicalprogrammer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I was using the number that Windows reported in the video file properties. Tested both videos using FRAPS and framerate is consistently 60 +/-5 throughout.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I was using the number that Windows reported in the video file properties. Tested both videos using FRAPS and framerate is consistently 60 +/-5 throughout.

Glad to hear you didn't get a jive turkey camera on your phone. Believe me, we are blessed w/ the resolution & frame rate we have on this phone. You'd be surprised how many oem's claims of 30fps on their highest resolution devices, fall short in the #'s dept. after you run em through FRAPS. It's taken the wind out of my sails on past devices.