Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Default Ice Cream Sandwich Speculation.

Lately I have been reading posts by members of this forum that the Rezound is "months away" from the awaited ICS update. All the blog sites I read state the Rezound is slated to receive ICS "early 2012," which makes believe early means 1st quarter. What are your thoughts or perhaps sources that prove or elude to the Rezound receiving ICS mid-2012 rather than early 2012?
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich Speculation.

Officially the Rezound will get it by end of Q1. I have no source for this other than the HTC site that said "early" 2012.

Unofficially I just released a near perfect ICS 4.0.1 ROM for the rezound from the leak build that was inop. I got everything working well.

So I guess your question all depends... Do you mean official or unofficial?

Donations are accepted but not expected!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Sorry. I meant to specify official OTA update.

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

I'm going to say end of February. Not on any information, but ICS is the perfect time for the manufactures to prove to everybody they can get updates out. This coupled with the pledge last year to get them out on time, and to more devices. So My thinking is they can't f-around for 6 months on the Rezound, because they need to get to other devices. So far HTC has been coming through on it's latest promises, so let's hope they keep it up.

I was hoping when they said the Rezound was ICS ready, they meant they already had alpha or beta build done, but after what has been going on in the Dev community the last couple days with the leaks, I'm starting to wonder if they are not having some issues. Mehhh, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
    Officially the Rezound will get it by end of Q1. I have no source for this other than the HTC site that said "early" 2012.

Unofficially I just released a near perfect ICS 4.0.1 ROM for the rezound from the leak build that was inop. I got everything working well.

Take HTC's commitment with a grain of salt. The Thunderbolt was promised GB in Q2 11. GB came well into Q4 11. Not saying that ICS will be delayed, just that ICS may be delayed.

From a marketing standpoint, by end of Q1 should be expected as the phone will still be marketed heavily through that period. By summer the phone will be at its EOL on the sales floor so no real reason to release anything by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by scrosler View Post

It seemed like it was already hospice bound when it surfaced on the Sensation. How much time did you put into tidying up the hot mess that preceeded 4.0.1?
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

OEM's "promises" and "guarantees" almost always fail.
    Let's also remember that even if HTC completes the update, they'll have officially met their deadline, but now it has to sit at Verizon until they confirm that their bloatware bullsh*t functions normally.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    OEM's "promises" and "guarantees" almost always fail.
    Let's also remember that even if HTC completes the update, they'll have officially met their deadline, but now it has to sit at Verizon until they confirm that their bloatware bullsh*t functions normally.
    Agreed. I think the official OTA will come sometime this summer.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by dietsoda View Post
    From a marketing standpoint, by end of Q1 should be expected as the phone will still be marketed heavily through that period. By summer the phone will be at its EOL on the sales floor so no real reason to release anything by that time.
    probably by end of q1, they will be pushing for the quad core Endeavor.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nils Business GingerSense

I would think that HTC would want to get ICS on the Rezound sooner then later since the Rezound sales have not been what they hoped for (hence the drop in price to $199)

If they were to get ICS out on the phone I would think sales of the phone would jump up considerably

just my opinion

Hitch
    Thanked by:

I would think that HTC would want to get ICS on the Rezound sooner then later since the Rezound sales have not been what they hoped for (hence the drop in price to $199)

If they were to get ICS out on the phone I would think sales of the phone would jump up considerably

just my opinion

Hitch
    I agree that sales would jump up. Hopefully HTC gets the update pushed out soon. I bought this phone with the understanding that the update would be here in the early part of 2012 not this summer.

Im thinking Feb or March. We already got rezound ics leaks. 4.0.1 and 4.0.3 leaks. Stable roms already out. Guessing a few more tweaks and fine tuning and we have ics.