Restore Phone to Factory

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to reset the phone so it looks like no rooting was done to it or anything along those lines.

I know I can relock the device but it will read "RE-LOCKED" in the boot loader. Is there any fix for that. Also Is there any way to unroot the device and flash the stock verizon boot and recovery images to it?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to reset the phone so it looks like no rooting was done to it or anything along those lines.

I know I can relock the device but it will read "RE-LOCKED" in the boot loader. Is there any fix for that. Also Is there any way to unroot the device and flash the stock verizon boot and recovery images to it?

Nope, you can relock the phone but it will say "RE-LOCKED" Maybe after we get S-Off this can be averted. Right now that's the best you can do.

So to put it as close to stock as possible, relock the phone and run the RUU.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking to get the phone warrantied and worried that Verizon would find out that the phone had an unlocked bootloader at one time, and the possible full retail charge, then you can also send the phone back to HTC and have them warranty it, but you would have to ship it at your expense back to them if you chose to send it to HTC instead of Verizon.

Sax1031

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking to get the phone warrantied and worried that Verizon would find out that the phone had an unlocked bootloader at one time, and the possible full retail charge, then you can also send the phone back to HTC and have them warranty it, but you would have to ship it at your expense back to them if you chose to send it to HTC instead of Verizon.

you unlocked the bootloader through an HTC website, if it was unlocked.

HTC knows the phones that have been unlocked.

On a different note I had to do a factory reset no my Rezound last night. It went into the dreaded boot loop.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you unlocked the bootloader through an HTC website, if it was unlocked.

HTC knows the phones that have been unlocked.

On a different note I had to do a factory reset no my Rezound last night. It went into the dreaded boot loop.

Yes, htc knows that you are unlocked, but they should still warranty the phone provided that it wasn't the root that caused the failure.

Sax1031

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, htc knows that you are unlocked, but they should still warranty the phone provided that it wasn't the root that caused the failure.

ideally

but they tell you on the page, before you unlock the bootloader, that it voids your warranty.

legally speaking they have to warranty the phone if the root was not the cause of the problem.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ideally

but they tell you on the page, before you unlock the bootloader, that it voids your warranty.

legally speaking they have to warranty the phone if the root was not the cause of the problem.

Of course, if the root caused the problem, then they don't have to fix it.

My point was, if you went through verizon, they can deny warranty service if say the volume rocker broke and you were rooted. HTC cannot legally deny warranty for manufacturing defects.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta