how to change ringtones for email

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I see where to change ringtones for texts but do not see anywhere to change notifications for emails. Just want a different notification sound for that.

I looked everywhere. Same thing with gmail, no selection of notifications sounds???

Am I over looking something?

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Gmail uses the default system sounds.

Android can be a bit quirky, and though there is sounds management in the General Settings area, many applications can also have individual setting menus, including for things such as sounds.

Assuming you are using the email application that HTC ships with their phones, that does have settings in it for changing the notification sounds.

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
default setting is global.

When you set default notification, its the same for gmail, texts, and any other email accounts..

I've had no issues coming from other android devices. This is my first device using Sense which I see now has many limitations..

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Try this area:

Personalize from the home screen -> Sounds Then hit Notification Sound. From there you will get s tone setting for each type of message. There is a default and also one for email.

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Okay, guess I can give you that one, but you CAN disable the notification sound playing from within the email application when you get an email.

Not limitations, differences. Though yes, having the "same" settings in several places can be a bit disconcerting if you were used to a different approach before then.

I wouldn't say Sense is the issue as such modification could be made with any application or replacement. I use Handcent instead of the default SMS application. I have to turn off the notifications in the default SMS app and configure them in Handcent instead.

Eleni 22

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
default setting is global.

When you set default notification, its the same for gmail, texts, and any other email accounts..

I've had no issues coming from other android devices. This is my first device using Sense which I see now has many limitations..

What kind of limitations are you speaking of. I'm a new droid user and would like to know what you were able to do on other droids but not this one. Just curious

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have several email accounts for work and home. "Sense" to me, is not geared for business people with mulitple accounts.

From having previous android devices never had issues making email notifications different from all 4 accounts I have. I see the change you can for email but now again its global for all email accounts. Ver. 3.5 does not allow you to change per email account which sucks for me.

Coming from Motorola family never had this issue, always had the option to select. But some reason HTC limits this option.

I dunno..

tkometz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a droid bionic and im having the same problem. I can't customize different sound and light color notification settings for texts vs email. I could on my droid2?

I use handcent for texting and it allows me to customize my text notification settings but im still at a loss for email settings. Any help would be appreciated.

My only advice is set up what u want your email notification to be through normal phone settings, then use handcent application for texts and set text notification settings through handcent program. This is only work around I've found.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
you can customize the gmail notification sound for each and every gmail account you sync with your phone. it's in the same settings area where you can select whether the gmail account will notify you once for each new message or just once overall for the first new email until you check it.

i have 3 gmail accounts on this phone. i can set a different sound for each one. regular gmail account settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie