squeeky back cover

coltsbro84

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Squeeky, creaky, cheap, or flimsy. Whatever you call it, its very appearent on my Htc Rezound. It happens when I turn the power on or off, and it happens when I press a volume key.

Does anyone have this issue? Do you know of a fix? And should Verizon replace my back cover?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Squeeky, creaky, cheap, or flimsy. Whatever you call it, its very appearent on my Htc Rezound. It happens when I turn the power on or off, and it happens when I press a volume key.

Does anyone have this issue? Do you know of a fix? And should Verizon replace my back cover?

Your not alone, you're a new member of the majority of Rezound owners. That's just due to build quality, so unless it is driving you mad and it's worth gambling on a replacement that won't guarantee you a device that doesn't make odd noises, go ahead and swap. If not, grin and bare it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
when I called them about it, they said that I could bring it to the store and if the store could replicate the problem, then I could get a new back cover. I doubt a new back cover would do much, you can put electrical tape inside the back cover or get a case.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I placed a piece of business card the size of the battery between the battery and the back cover and it reduced the squeak quite a bit.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I used some tiny strips of electrical friction tape. It's a bit thicker than electrical tape, and is a tiny bit tacky on both sides, so it kind of holds both sides of the cover together, but you can still get the cover off pretty easily. I used the strips where the creaks were at. Only took 3, 1/8" wide, maybe 1/2" long in a couple strategic spots.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Could also try getting a new battery cover from VZW and see how that works. Mine relaly doesnt do this to much but then again its always in my Seidio Surface.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I placed a piece of business card the size of the battery between the battery and the back cover and it reduced the squeak quite a bit.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Did you used to be a Blackberry Storm2 user? lol. :D

And to the OP, I have no problem at all with mine. It's perfect

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Not that big of a deal, just a little annoying at times. I may try and call Verizon and get a new back cover.