Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Default Rezound OTA Update Incoming!

Should be getting this update pushed shortly in next few days.

Previously was no "Software" update on Support website and here is PDF with fixes listed.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

ROM
    standard

Default Re: Rezound OTA Update Incoming!

I think Verizon and HTC... Didn't think it would do as well if a quiet hit

I never had any issues w/ the related fixes, so I'll skip. It's certainly not worth flashing the update for non existent issues, imo. Sucks others have had the problems, though. Hope it works w/out bugging something else.

Maybe this will fix the erratic email syncs.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

How you know its soon ? Lol

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The important question is whether this update will wipe the device.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

OTA updates should never wipe the device.

This isn't ICS though

ROM
    standard

I want them to fix the HTC music player
    hankhank96 likes this.

darn, i was hoping that they would fix the staticy noise in the music player. 3 of my Rezounds had the same problem.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    I never had any issues w/ the related fixes, so I'll skip. It's certainly not worth flashing the update for non existent issues, imo. Sucks others have had the problems, though. Hope it works w/out bugging something else.
    You cant really skip these. You can refrain from doing a manual install but they do eventually install anyway. We saw that with the bum MR2 on the thunderbolt (until it was finally pulled), people would keep delaying it and delaying it but eventually they would reboot the phone and it would automatically install or they would wake up and find it installed overnight.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    darn, i was hoping that they would fix the staticy noise in the music player. 3 of my Rezounds had the same problem.
    This doesn't mean that it wont, these lists are never all encompassing.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Yeah the static in the ear buds is beyond annoying.

Rezound

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    You cant really skip these. You can refrain from doing a manual install but they do eventually install anyway. We saw that with the bum MR2 on the thunderbolt (until it was finally pulled), people would keep delaying it and delaying it but eventually they would reboot the phone and it would automatically install or they would wake up and find it installed overnight.
    Sure, if your locked down w/ oem settings dictating things. I'm not running stock, so I have options available that can be utilized to impede the OTA from executing & auto-installing under my nose. If they dupe me & get it by me. I'll take my lumps if they can but I won't go down without a valiant effort.

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Sure, if your locked down w/ oem settings dictating things. I'm not running stock, so I have options available that can be utilized to impede the OTA from executing & auto-installing under my nose. If they dupe me & get it by me. I'll take my lumps if they can but I won't go down without a valiant effort.
    I don't know how it works on other phones, but on my OG Droid, as soon as I went to another ROM, I never saw any OTA updates. I don't see why you would have to do anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    I don't know how it works on other phones, but on my OG Droid, as soon as I went to another ROM, I never saw any OTA updates. I don't see why you would have to do anything special.
    I'm also unlocked and rooted with a non-stock ROM (CleanSense 1.5.5, thanks to Scott). How will these updates affect me? Do they just fix/replace things in the stock manner? Will I have to reload the non-stock ROM again?

New to Android so not sure how this will work. On Blackberry, leaked OS installs would be overwritten with the new OTA, whether it was done manually or automatically.

Certainly don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewjoseph255 View Post
    I want them to fix the HTC music player
    I'm assuming this is limited to the HTC player 'cause I haven't experienced with with any others I've used.

Ugh. Doesn't list the time zone bug. I guess I'll have to move from Arizona to the Pacific time zone to resolve the bug.

...Sent from my Tab

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post
    I'm also unlocked and rooted with a non-stock ROM (CleanSense 1.5.5, thanks to Scott). How will these updates affect me? Do they just fix/replace things in the stock manner? Will I have to reload the non-stock ROM again?

New to Android so not sure how this will work. On Blackberry, leaked OS installs would be overwritten with the new OTA, whether it was done manually or automatically.

Certainly don't want that.
    You won't receive the updates. Usually the dev will incorporate it into their roms.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    You won't receive the updates. Usually the dev will incorporate it into their roms.

Hmmm not sure how that will work. Scott, if you read this, does this mean you will apply the fixes to each of your ROMS (using CleanROM 1.5.5) and we will have to reload them, or will you just create a patch to update them?

Or just take the update and create a new ROM with a new name/release number?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post

You don't have to do anything special, that hasn't changed (really, how could it) it works that way across the board. I meant "special options" as in, no longer strapped down in the surroundings, as they see fit.

Hmmm not sure how that will work. Scott, if you read this, does this mean you will apply the fixes to each of your ROMS (using CleanROM 1.5.5) and we will have to reload them, or will you just create a patch to update them?

Don't hold me to it but snce it's not a large update. I assume he'll apply the fixes to a zip file, that you can download, then flash on your phone.
    Race Director likes this.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

Patience is key. Scott seems to update his ROMs and is decent about timing. I'm sure once the correct stuff is available and he irons out any bugs the update may create in his ROM you'll see it.

Update is available. Downloading it now.
    Thanked by:

rooted with all bloat frozen and my phone is downloading the update as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by idiotekniques View Post
    rooted with all bloat frozen and my phone is downloading the update as we speak.
    update didnt work. going to try while unfreezing
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast