1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I use both a battery saver and task killer?

Currently, I use both battery defender and advanced auto task killer but it kinda seems like it defeats the purpose of a smart phone to kill wifi/data connection when it goes into standby.

What do you use to save battery and how many hours do you get?
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

Default Re: Should I use both a battery saver and task killer?

Neither. Don't use a task killer. And use the power save options in the settings menu.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

The best thing I ever did for battery life on my phones in uninstall the task killer I used on my original Droid and stop worrying about battery life. The Rezound as is gets very good battery life for a smartphone (a day give or take what you do with it) and I advise not messing with it unless you have an app that is causing problems then you can kill that app and that app only.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

I've never used a task killer, all they do is kill apps that Android then opens back up so task killer can kill it again and just drain your battery.

Some people say they have used juice defender to increase battery life from 10 hours to 18 hours.I tried JD, and I didn't like how it would turn off 3G connection in sleep mode, then when I wanted to use it, would take sometimes 5 mins to turn the 3G back on. IM giving juice defender another try, and changed the mobile data so that it will work right on wake up.

Why not save your time and battery, and do the temp root, get rid of the crapware, then use the built in app killer/slash/memory meter on the second page of your notifications pull down? It there is stuff you like in the bloat there are directions for how to leave it enabled while disabling the stuff you don't. JD is for a special kind of user, and task killers just kill your battery trying to keep up with the bloat.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    Why not save your time and battery, and do the temp root, get rid of the crapware, then use the built in app killer/slash/memory meter on the second page of your notifications pull down? It there is stuff you like in the bloat there are directions for how to leave it enabled while disabling the stuff you don't. JD is for a special kind of user, and task killers just kill your battery trying to keep up with the bloat.
    I have a rezound unlocked with temporary root. I installed titanium backup pro then I froze all the unnessisary bloat ware. Is that the same thing as getting rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by coltsbro84 View Post
    I have a rezound unlocked with temporary root. I installed titanium backup pro then I froze all the unnessisary bloat ware. Is that the same thing as getting rid of it?
    Ok I shouldn't have been so general. If you fully root I think you can actually get rid of stuff. If you temp root you more or less turn it off and hide it, freeze it so to speak. So I was talking more about the latter than the former but used a statement out of context. For the purpose of answering your question what you did was exactly what I was talking about except I eluded to the apps actually being gone and that was my mistake.

As a side note I've also found that under memory card there is an option to free memory. This option allows you to clear all our some of your caches, delete or limit the number of emails in your in box (maybe only in the stock app I don't know I haven't used it?), and reduce the number of sms & mms on your phone (again this may only be in the stock app but I don't know I haven't used it?). The cache clean tool seems to work very well though. After using it my 3rd party app doesn't find any caches.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.