February 18 one of my lines will be eligible for upgrade

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
At first I had decided on the rezound. Even reccommened to my brother in law. But the raze maxx is looking good also.

Any information about the rezound.good or bad would be appreciated.

My last 2 phones have been htc phones. Incredible and thunderbolt. Incredible was a great phone. If it wasn't for the 4g I would have stayed with it for awhile. The thunderbolt has just now turned into a really good phone.
Thanks in advance.
go vols

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There are a few of us in the same mind frame (I just started a thread about this last week, do a search for the background).

For me, the only real issue with the Rezound is battery life, which has been reported to be not so good (about 11 hours on average from what I can tell, depending on usage and signal source). I don't want an extended battery (the Rezound is already a bit on the thick side as it is), so I'd have to deal with the cruddy battery life unless a smaller extended battery is released that uses the stock cover (no guarantee on that). The RAZR MAXX seems to be kicking ass when it comes to battery life (appears to be a full 24 hour day with room so spare in many cases), with a similar feature set. I admit, the Rezound is a better phone overall with the bonus of beats headphones included, but not sure its worth the cost of bad battery life.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
There are a few of us in the same mind frame (I just started a thread about this last week, do a search for the background).

For me, the only real issue with the Rezound is battery life, which has been reported to be not so good (about 11 hours on average from what I can tell, depending on usage and signal source). I don't want an extended battery (the Rezound is already a bit on the thick side as it is), so I'd have to deal with the cruddy battery life unless a smaller extended battery is released that uses the stock cover (no guarantee on that). The RAZR MAXX seems to be kicking ass when it comes to battery life (appears to be a full 24 hour day with room so spare in many cases), with a similar feature set. I admit, the Rezound is a better phone overall with the bonus of beats headphones included, but not sure its worth the cost of bad battery life.

I see you're either misinformed, or are sticking to the negativity of the Thunderbolt.
I can tell you right off the bat (or if you search for battery topics here on the forum) that the Rezound is no Thunderbolt when it comes to battery. Hell, the Nexus has the worst battery life out of the big 3.
True, the battery is not the largest of the 3, but the phone seems to manage this resource beautifully.
For comparison, my Rezound outlasts both my OG Droid and my girlfriend's Incredible, so take that as you will.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I see you're either misinformed, or are sticking to the negativity of the Thunderbolt.
I can tell you right off the bat (or if you search for battery topics here on the forum) that the Rezound is no Thunderbolt when it comes to battery. Hell, the Nexus has the worst battery life out of the big 3.
True, the battery is not the largest of the 3, but the phone seems to manage this resource beautifully.
For comparison, my Rezound outlasts both my OG Droid and my girlfriend's Incredible, so take that as you will.

Nexus worse than all 3? Really I have 2 of 3 and tbolt was by far worse than nexus battery. I get 13 hours with 4 g and 4 on my tbolt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

How long do you get out of your battery then, in real time? From the reviews I've read in this forum and from pro reviews online, it appears as though the relatively small battery of the Rezound (compared to the RAZR MAXX and GN, which I assume you mean when you say 'Big 3') is horrid, especially with 4G.

I have an Incredible, and actually get pretty good battery life compared to others, so I'm sure I could also get better-than-average life on the Rezound. But, from what I gather, the Rezound is pretty bad. Not sure where you're getting your info on the GN being the worst of the 3, because I've read the exact opposite (compared to the RAZR, not the MAXX).

WebmastuhB

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm really digging my Rezound so far. Battery is a tiny issue for me, but I have chargers all over and an extended battery on the way.

I will say I've had flakey little problems with bandwidth the last couple of days. Not sure if its the phone or the network (or some other BS that Im not aware of). it hasn't impacted my life much yet - so far. I've been documenting the heck out of it in a Word doc, so if it continues I will demand a different phone.

I nixed the Nexus because it doesn't have a microSD card, and subsequently can't be used as a removable drive. I nixed the Razr because the battery cant't be removed/changed/upgraded.