Wifi tether

shane8262000

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I came to the rezound from the incredible and had wifi tether on it too. I realize it works in infrastructure on the incredible and the rezound only works in ad hoc. But on the rezound it doesn't seem to work as well as my incredible did. And was just wondering if it was normal for this to be happening. Do any of you guys get on your laptop and it seems to hang up a lot when you try to load web pages? Sometimes it works fine for me and sometimes it just seems like it takes forever to load a web page. Or do i have some settings wrong on something?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I came to the rezound from the incredible and had wifi tether on it too. I realize it works in infrastructure on the incredible and the rezound only works in ad hoc. But on the rezound it doesn't seem to work as well as my incredible did. And was just wondering if it was normal for this to be happening. Do any of you guys get on your laptop and it seems to hang up a lot when you try to load web pages? Sometimes it works fine for me and sometimes it just seems like it takes forever to load a web page. Or do i have some settings wrong on something?

Data signal quality/type/strength is very important. Perhaps yours is not so good? Can you test it in a known good 4G area?

Another thing to consider regarding Ad-Hoc Mode...

"Your network speed will be limited to 11 Mbps, even if you only use 54 Mbps or faster cards on your network".

Ref: How to Build a Wireless Network Without Using a Broadband Router | Hardware Secrets

-Frank

shane8262000

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

shane8262000

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Which ROM did you install? I may do the same...

I've been installing them all and trying them. :D But just be sure that it is a ICS rom. Gingerbread roms don't work. Unless there are some settings in wireless tether that you can use that i'm unaware of. But when you run ICS you can set your device up as the Galaxy Nexus in the wireless tether app settings and then check routing fix and your good to go. But to answer your question, I'm running Nils' Business ICS 1.2.

WebmastuhB

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Cool Stuff, thanks shane8262000. Looks like a great ROM!

Let me ask you this: can you record phone calls with this ROM? (I'm referring to the ability for software to record calls, both you and the person you are talking to, directly from the audio data inside the phone, and not this bull that records only with the speaker phone on.)

shane8262000

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Cool Stuff, thanks shane8262000. Looks like a great ROM!

Let me ask you this: can you record phone calls with this ROM? (I'm referring to the ability for software to record calls, both you and the person you are talking to, directly from the audio data inside the phone, and not this bull that records only with the speaker phone on.)

I really wouldn't have a clue about that. You might want to go to xda furums for the rom and ask in there. I would bet on someone over there knowing if that is possible or not. Sorry, wish i could've helped.