1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Juice Defender Plus Users...be cautious...

Hello all,

I'm on the Rezound. Loving every aspect of it!

However, something recently came up. Today, for a certain period of time, I was unable to connect to wifi and/or the mobile network. Let me say that I am in an area with excellent wiki coverage and full bars of 4G.

This is not the first time this has happened. It recently occurred a couple of days ago - however, a couple of shut-down and battery pulls did the trick.

Anyways, today I decided to go to a local Verizon store. After the person I met with tried fiddling around with the phone for a little bit, she attempted to perform a factory reset. That didn't work. She then told me that she was going to switch the current 4G card out for a new one. Fortunately, that did the trick. She had told me that Juice Defender was interrupting the connection between the phone and wifi/4G, and that this was the reason for the connectivity issues.

I LOVE Juice Defender...or, loved it. It was great while I used it. It extended my battery two-fold. However, after this last hiccup, I don't think I will be chancing it. I wanted to post this to let those of who use it know a potential side affect.

-Daniel
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Juice Defender Plus Users...be cautious...

Thanks for the info. I use Juice Defender ultimate. I will keep an eye out for this. Hope mine doesn't act up or I will pull it.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Joker35 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I use Juice Defender ultimate. I will keep an eye out for this. Hope mine doesn't act up or I will pull it.
    Yeah. Unfortunately...

Although, with the recent update, the lady could have gotten it wrong. Maybe Juice Defender didn't due anything. Maybe it was the update that caused the connectivity issues.

In any case, I will be calling HTC Tech to tell them my story.

This exact same thing happened to me but I was able to restart my phone and it came back. I believe it was probably caused by Juice Defender. I think, but not sure, that it has something to do with the setting about how often to turn on the connection to sync.

I stopped using Juice Defender and it has not happened since. In fact, I haven't noticed any big change in my battery use without it. I am also in a good 4g area.

...Sent from my Tab
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

I'll chime in too. I tried JDefender Ultimate a long time ago on my DX, and it really didn't improve my battery life then. I figured it's been many many months since then, so the app should have evolved and become much better.

Basic stats:
    Rezound, rooted, ICS ROM
    No bloat
    Battery life normal use (wifi, google talk, texts, Pandora) ~18-20 hours

When using JDefender It said it multiplied my battery life by 2.15 times, so theoretically I should have gotten 40+ hours on a single charge. Not the case, I averaged ~17 hours and ended up with the same signal interruptions as mentioned by others. I had to disable JDefender and then do a battery pull. Safe to say it's not installed on the phone anymore.
    JSE

I also had the same problems a couple months back when I bought the phone. I had a great signal before Juice Defender and then once installed the signal would constantly drop and would not come back for several minutes, if at all. Uninstalled and everything worked great.