I Screwed Up!

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm thankful for the gnex. Valuable lessons learned. Never ever buy into the hype or buy a phone on or near release day.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
After owing the Rezound for a couple of weeks when it first came out, all the hype over the Nexus got the better of me and I returned the Rezound and got the Nexus. Big mistake!

ICS did nothing for me honestly (folders is my favorite feature). The build quality of the Nexus was average at best. The reception was not as good as the Rezound. I got a new Rezound yesterday and am not looking back. The Rezound just works while the Nexus seems like a work in progress.
Yep. The highly touted "Pure Google Experience" has turned out to be the "Unfinished Google Experience". Heh heh...

I think a lot of people didn't realize that "Pure" meant "Very Basic".

-Frank

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep. The highly touted "Pure Google Experience" has turned out to be the "Unfinished Google Experience". Heh heh...

I think a lot of people didn't realize that "Pure" meant "Very Basic".

-Frank

Not basic at all. Even though it isn't quite finished, ICS is STILL better than sense.

That, and most people that buy the nexus know its software is a work in progress. That's why we have ICS, and you guys won't for some time to come.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Not basic at all. Even though it isn't quite finished, ICS is STILL better than sense.

That, and most people that buy the nexus know its software is a work in progress. That's why we have ICS, and you guys won't for some time to come.

I normally enjoy your posts but, cmon now,
1. Sense is a friggin' skin. Why would you even compare an oem skin to an OS, much less compare it to vanilla 4.0?

2. You do realize what these 6 initals, ICS ROM indicate. There's more than a few Rezounds running stock ICS.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I normally enjoy your posts but, cmon now,
1. Sense is a friggin' skin. Why would you even compare an oem skin to an OS, much less compare it to vanilla 4.0?

2. You do realize what these 6 initals, ICS ROM indicate. There's more than a few Rezounds running stock ICS.
Just being a rabble-rouser. :D

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
" and most people that buy the nexus know its software is a work in progress"
"Most" of the buyers of the GN probably don't know anything about "work in progress".

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
" and most people that buy the nexus know its software is a work in progress"
"Most" of the buyers of the GN probably don't know anything about "work in progress".

You must not have high regard for the IQ of GN owners. On the eves of OTA 4.0.4, I would think any VGN owner is aware it's a work in progress- even if the refinements occur in baby steps.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have bought all my phones off Craigslist. I really do not want to be in a contract right now.

Wow, how many times will they let you swap devices before lowering the bong-hammer on you? :p

Its great there are people post this kind of experience. Saves the rest of us a lot of mistakes.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That's fine with me. Based on my 3 weeks with the Nexus, I do not want ICS for some time to come.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I have it on my xoom. One thing they really got wrong is how widgets are installed. It should simply be a list like in GB instead of a list of template images. Stoopid! Sometimes the scrolling takes forever. I think you can change that with Nova. And I'm getting a number of incompatible apps. For example in Tapatalk I can't see what I just posted. Anyway I don't feel any pangs of regret for not having ICS. My xoom mostly goes unused. But I sure do appreciate you all beta testing it for the rest of us. :)

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have it on my xoom. One thing they really got wrong is how widgets are installed. It should simply be a list like in GB instead of a list of template images. Stoopid! Sometimes the scrolling takes forever. I think you can change that with Nova. And I'm getting a number of incompatible apps. For example in Tapatalk I can't see what I just posted. Anyway I don't feel any pangs of regret for not having ICS. My xoom mostly goes unused. But I sure do appreciate you all beta testing it for the rest of us. :)

Never went gaga over that app., like most do, but is that a known bug in Tapatalk running ICS?

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
It happened to me when I owned the gnex and it still happens with the xoom. You have to exit and re enter the thread to see your post.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Showing what the widgets are is an infinitely better solution than an endless scrolling list that gives no information at all.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Ugh....not if you have accumulated a couple years worth of apps and widgets. Do you by chance use the APW widgets? 17 with that app alone! :eek: That's about four pages of scrolling....just for that app. The scrolling takes much too long and much too tedious IMO. BTW, most of the time, the dimensions of the widget is shown in GB. When I installed Nova I very much preferred the widget list. This template nonsense began with Honeycomb.....pages upon pages of widget templates.....and you cannot scroll backwards from A to Z/Y/W etc. And unfortunately it was carried over to ICS. I do hope they mod this so that you can have the choice of list vs. template. Of course if you root, you can pretty much have what you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie