Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Default I Screwed Up!

After owing the Rezound for a couple of weeks when it first came out, all the hype over the Nexus got the better of me and I returned the Rezound and got the Nexus. Big mistake!

ICS did nothing for me honestly (folders is my favorite feature). The build quality of the Nexus was average at best. The reception was not as good as the Rezound. I got a new Rezound yesterday and am not looking back. The Rezound just works while the Nexus seems like a work in progress.
    mithed and FrankXS like this.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    After owing the Rezound for a couple of weeks when it first came out, all the hype over the Nexus got the better of me and I returned the Rezound and got the Nexus. Big mistake!

ICS did nothing for me honestly (folders is my favorite feature). The build quality of the Nexus was average at best. The reception was not as good as the Rezound. I got a new Rezound yesterday and am not looking back. The Rezound just works while the Nexus seems like a work in progress.
    +1. Same experience. Also like the folders feature on ICS, though.

I have always found Samsung devices to have a subpar build and getting updates always took too long. As soon as you buy a new phone today another better model will be released the very next day. At least with the rezound it has all the latest hardware and its getting ICS and that's all I need.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Quote Originally Posted by HollyDay View Post
    +1. Same experience. Also like the folders feature on ICS, though.
    I use " folder organizer " for folders on my Rezound. Doesnt work as nicely as ics, but does the job.

Hate to admit it ( was nuts waiting on the Nexus) but me too. My Nexus is in the box and loving the Rezound. Call quality is better, no missing text or mms , and no reboots to date ( these were happening daily with my Nexus)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Default Re: I Screwed Up!

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I use " folder organizer " for folders on my Rezound. Doesnt work as nicely as ics, but does the job.
    Apps Organizer app is way better, even than ICS folders feature I think.

Get adw launcher with the ics theme and that has the nice folders

Global Posts
    1,172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got the nexus first also and then returned it for the rezound. I really liked the nexus but the phone was just a little to big plus I was having a problem with the mic and sound not working correctly which made me always have to use a bluetooth headset. After researching this problem I found out it was happening to a lot of people and even after they returned there device for another one it was still happening. I am happy I made the switch to the rezound. The nexus was a great phone but I think they may have rushed out ics a little to quick.

Wow, how many times will they let you swap devices before lowering the bong-hammer on you?

Its great there are people post this kind of experience. Saves the rest of us a lot of mistakes.

Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts

Guess I'm the only lucky one who's Nexus doesn't seem to experience call reception and mic issues. Loving mine (and yep, the folders too).
    Thanked by 2:

@bob, you're not the only lucky one, we're just not as vocal about it. I've had mine since Dec 15th with Google Wallet installed 1st day. I've never gotten less than 20 hours on regular battery after the first 3 days of use and have not had one single signal issue. True, the phone has automatically rebooted on me......once. My only problem is the Androidcentral app force closing on it the first time that I open it on a regular basis. I've never had it force close after restarting, though.
    Galaxy Note II

Lovin' my Nexus. No issues other than one reboot (big deal). After owning the thunderbolt, screw htc. The rezound reminded me of the thunderbolt when i picked that brick up..... still have nightmares

Nexus is much better phone so dont kick yourself and enjoy the 10x better screen with its inredible ink blacks and most vivid colors on any phone ever, period. Dont delude yourself in pretending the nexus screen isnt 10x nicer looking. Not to mention sense is disgusting and the modding community for nexus is in a different league. Fast ota updates, no sense bloat and verizon bloat, way better choice of custom roms. In fact nexus blows awat the rezound on every front except the camera hardware. Saying ICS doesn't do anything for you is funny considering you have GB plus sense which is a joke. Also I used to get 4 hours of battery on my rezound, now I get about 20 hours on my gnex. I am so happy I returned my thunderbolt 2....I mean my rezound and got this beautiful masterpiece called the galaxy nexus!
    Last edited by impulse101; 02-04-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by impulse101 View Post
    Nexus is much better phone so dont kick yourself and enjoy the 10x better screen with its inredible ink blacks and most vivid colors on any phone ever, period. Dont delude yourself in pretending the nexus screen isnt 10x nicer looking. Not to mention sense is disgusting and the modding community for nexus is in a different league. Fast ota updates, no sense bloat and verizon bloat, way better choice of custom roms. In fact nexus blows awat the rezound on every front except the camera hardware. Saying ICS doesn't do anything for you is funny considering you have GB plus sense which is a joke. Also I used to get 4 hours of battery on my rezound, now I get about 20 hours on my gnex. I am so happy I returned my thunderbolt 2....I mean my rezound and got this beautiful masterpiece called the galaxy nexus!
    All that is totally our opinion LOL. I have both right here in front of me and the Nexus doesn't blow it away at all. Both run fluid. Camera on the Rezound is better. Signal strength is better in everyway for me, along with data connection.

I think the Nexus will get there with a few updates. As far as rooting the Nexus doesnt seem as easy as some had said before I purchased it. Haven't sat down and tried though. First Two Android phones I have ever had and haven't rooted lol
    Oh and voice and data on 3g and 4g on the Htc phones is fantastic. Really missed that gsm feature. All companies should utilise that like HTC on cdma networks until 4g is more wide spread

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Nexus is much better phone so dont kick yourself and enjoy the 10x better screen with its inredible ink blacks and most vivid colors on any phone ever, period.
    I take it you haven't seen a Super Amoled Plus screen?

Loving the GNex. Such a slick phone. Every day that goes by I seem to like it more and more. I had a few minor issues at first, but it all seems to be working pretty smoothly now and I haven't even had an OS update yet. That being said, I've got to say that I'm getting a bit tired of all of the complaining and comparisons, which is better, switching back and forth. Geeeezus... People sure are getting worked up about a damn phone. I admit, I got caught up in the hype and frenzy of the GNex relase, but I'm over it now and happy with what I've got. I just can't believe how long other people can go on and on about it.
    Bearded

ROM
    Business Sense ICS

lol, love it when the thread makes it to the first page and Nexus fans catch wind.

Quote Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
    lol, love it when the thread makes it to the first page and Nexus fans catch wind.
    Lurking like racoons on rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Lurking like racoons on rubbish.
    +1

I'm thankful for the gnex. Valuable lessons learned. Never ever buy into the hype or buy a phone on or near release day.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Yep. The highly touted "Pure Google Experience" has turned out to be the "Unfinished Google Experience". Heh heh...

I think a lot of people didn't realize that "Pure" meant "Very Basic".

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Yep. The highly touted "Pure Google Experience" has turned out to be the "Unfinished Google Experience". Heh heh...

I think a lot of people didn't realize that "Pure" meant "Very Basic".

-Frank
    Not basic at all. Even though it isn't quite finished, ICS is STILL better than sense.

That, and most people that buy the nexus know its software is a work in progress. That's why we have ICS, and you guys won't for some time to come.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Not basic at all. Even though it isn't quite finished, ICS is STILL better than sense.

That, and most people that buy the nexus know its software is a work in progress. That's why we have ICS, and you guys won't for some time to come.

I normally enjoy your posts but, cmon now,
    1. Sense is a friggin' skin. Why would you even compare an oem skin to an OS, much less compare it to vanilla 4.0?

2. You do realize what these 6 initals, ICS ROM indicate. There's more than a few Rezounds running stock ICS.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    I normally enjoy your posts but, cmon now,
    1. Sense is a friggin' skin. Why would you even compare an oem skin to an OS, much less compare it to vanilla 4.0?

2. You do realize what these 6 initals, ICS ROM indicate. There's more than a few Rezounds running stock ICS.
    Just being a rabble-rouser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast