Swapped the Rezound

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Even though I got some really annoyed looks at the Verizon store tonight (too bad for them), I swapped out my phone and SIM, per HTC/Verizon tech support recommendation.

I kid not, this phone's frame around the screen is different. While my previous Rezounds's screen was flush with the frame, this one has a bit of a raised frame around the screen. I'm not sure if that is a good/bad thing.

As for the reception - remember, now I'm back to pre-OTA Update - it comes/goes. When I bought the 1st Rezound on Saturday, my 4G was rockin'! 24 hours later, after the update and tested in the same, exact location, my speeds went UP. Woohoo! Until by the next day, same location, I couldn't even connect to data. And by today, the phone kept dropping calls. *sad face* HTC/Verizon thought it was the update.

As of tonight, I have a brand new, swapped phone & a brand new SIM...and, NO update. My phone IS holding reception so far, but speeds are in the mid-teens, as opposed to the first glorious night with the 1st Rezound...where speeds hit 20s and 30s.

Tomorrow will be the do-or-die test. It seems I get the worst reception at my office (a perfectly 4G-capable, metropolitan area) on this phone. If it works, it's a keeper. If not....we will have to break up.

Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed...

mithed

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I hope that this one works out much better for you! I would hate to hear that you had to give up this amazing phone!

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Guess what? After ALL the trouble of swapping the phone out and setting up my phone again, I was watching tv and came back to find the phone UPDATING the %#^*^*%# software without my permission. So HTC was wrong - the OTA can update your phone, whether you press accept or reject!

Crap! I'm back at square one. If the connectivity issues return, it will have to be bye bye, Rezound. *So mad!*

pat3332

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
With both my Thunderbolt and now the Rezound, I was never able to keep an upgrade from being pushed to me and installed, whether I wanted it or not.

Hope this one works out for you. Mine is finally working fine since the update, but for some reason my phones always seem to act a little wonky and take a couple of days to settle down and get back to normal after an update. You don't have that option though and need to find a phone you like before your 14 days is up.

Good luck

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Guess what? After ALL the trouble of swapping the phone out and setting up my phone again, I was watching tv and came back to find the phone UPDATING the %#^*^*%# software without my permission. So HTC was wrong - the OTA can update your phone, whether you press accept or reject!

Crap! I'm back at square one. If the connectivity issues return, it will have to be bye bye, Rezound. *So mad!*

Yeah, pretty much no way to stop the update, it will do it sooner or later. Hopefully you will have better luck.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I was assured by the Verizon and the HTC techs that the update wouldn't push automatically, or I wouldn't have bothered swapping. I'll see how it works today...then decide from there.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually you can stop the upgrade what you do it accept it to download and then when it's ready to install you should have a defer option also... Defer it for like 4 weeks it's what i did on my last rezound until it was bricked

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually you can stop the upgrade what you do it accept it to download and then when it's ready to install you should have a defer option also... Defer it for like 4 weeks it's what i did on my last rezound until it was bricked
If you read above, it didn't give me any options. I wasn't even in the room and came back to find it upgrading already.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So...I'm at work and I barely get ANY reception. It went from 4G>3G>1X in a snap.

I can't tell you how p.o.'d I am right now. :mad::mad:

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So...I'm at work and I barely get ANY reception. It went from 4G>3G>1X in a snap.

I can't tell you how p.o.'d I am right now. :mad::mad:

Question: Are you the only one with 4G in your office? If not, could you ask others if they have the same issue? If someone else has a Rezound, that would be even better as you can compare signal strength.

If this is an issue with the update, I assume HTC will fix it at some point. However, the fact that both of your phones have done this tend to make me think that it has something to do with your building/office location and less about the phone.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Question: Are you the only one with 4G in your office? If not, could you ask others if they have the same issue? If someone else has a Rezound, that would be even better as you can compare signal strength.

If this is an issue with the update, I assume HTC will fix it at some point. However, the fact that both of your phones have done this tend to make me think that it has something to do with your building/office location and less about the phone.
No.

If you read what I wrote...the huge drop in connectivity happened IMMEDIATELY after the update; prior to that, my connection was fine. And that wasn't only happening at work.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just factory reset my phone - on my own - to see if that does anything (didn't last time!). But I'm willing to give it one last shot, since I'm sitting in my office without a phone, again.

I'd like to hurt someone right now...:mad:

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset did NOT solve the issue, as I suspected. It's the blasted update. :mad: I now have X where it should say 3G/4G.

Awesome. :-\

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
doesnt make any sense that the update would mess yours up that bad on two seperate phones whenever its been fine for most folks including my wife . did you ever say if anybody else was able to get 4 g on verizon in your office ?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Unlock, root and install a custom ICS ROM, like SenselessROM or CleanROM 2.2 ICS. You avoid the OTA and get a phone with better performance.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I got no issues after the update and I came from a galaxy nexus, the 4g speeds and speaker quality and signal strength are night and day at my house. Ofcourse speed varies from time to time, so I am not too worried about getting 5mb and getting 20 sitting in the same spot. It all depends on the tower you connect to and how much traffic is on the towers.