Anyone's phone get warm in the back?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rezound....

Probably everyone's does. But the temperature and under what degree of stress is up for grabs. If your phone gets blazing hot from texting...exchange it. If it gets noticeably warm from gaming...keep it.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rezound....

Agree with what Agent Smith said. There are some people on the xda forum who have had issues with the phone getting very hot under normal use (when the phone isn't working hard... i.e. texting, facebook, etc). There seems to be a correlation with the 3.8V standard battery. Some, but not all have had this problem with the 3.8V standard battery. People with the 3.7V standard or extended battery seem to not have the problem.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Agent Smith is correct. It will also get warm, while charging. If your notification light is blinking orange and green, your battery is overheating.

Last edited:

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You can also go to your dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#* third option that pops up is Battery Information. That will tell you your actual temp. I'm not sure the exact temps, but mine running fairly hard (streaming youtube over 4g, music and a game, etc) and charging, will get close to 50C. 40C is easy to get to just surfing, and will feel warm to the hand. Both are fine temps for what is going on. Over 55C you should think about stopping what you are doing.

I had a phone that was overheating, not sure how hot it would get, but it was so hot the battery would drain, while charging, while I would just surf the net at a rate of about 50% every 20-30 minutes. It got traded for a new one, all has been good.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You can also go to your dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#* third option that pops up is Battery Information. That will tell you your actual temp. I'm not sure the exact temps, but mine running fairly hard (streaming youtube over 4g, music and a game, etc) and charging, will get close to 50C. 40C is easy to get to just surfing, and will feel warm to the hand. Both are fine temps for what is going on. Over 55C you should think about stopping what you are doing.

I had a phone that was overheating, not sure how hot it would get, but it was so hot the battery would drain, while charging, while I would just surf the net at a rate of about 50% every 20-30 minutes. It got traded for a new one, all has been good.

I guess I don't understand this, when I dial that number I get a message from VZ that the call cannot be competed as dialed.

Must be doing something wrong...:-\:eek:

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess I don't understand this, when I dial that number I get a message from VZ that the call cannot be competed as dialed.

Must be doing something wrong...:-\:eek:

I did the same thing. It is not a phone call, when you enter the correct sequence *#*#4636#*#* from the phone key pad, it should take you to a menu. You cannot save it to your address book and, make a call to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae