can a phone case affect battery life?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying a few things because of the nosedive my Rezound battery life took this past week. One thing I noticed is that my phone has felt quite warm lately. When I got home from work this morning I took the case off and left it off. Phone has cooled down and battery life seems to have improved. Nothing scientific about about my testing just wondering if the phone's temp would affect battery life?

Sent from my Rezound via TapaTalk

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
from the little i know - that amongst external conditions, heat is the worst against battery life. extreme cold can prevent a battery from giving its juice, but heat will cause it not to last as long. so theoretically if one case insulated the phone more than another to the point it stayed hotter, it might reduce battery life. i can't see anything too excessive though.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if the case really makes that much difference but the battery heating up and draining has been an issue with quite a few people. Do a search on this forum and you'll see. Some people have gotten Verizon to give them a new battery it got so bad.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I had to leave my phone out in my car the other week during a snowy day. After about 3 hours in the glove compartment, I came back and found my phone about as cold as an ice cube. The battery had drained about 15-20% as well.
Nothing scientific about this either, just an observation about how the Rezound's battery can stand up to cold.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all. Before I go to the work and time to factory reset or anything else remotely drastic I'm going to call them and tell them about the battery problem and try to get them to send me a new one now that I know this is a known issue.

Sent from my Rezound via TapaTalk

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Called the store I got the phone from, they'd heard nothing about this battery issue, said I could bring it in and they would troubleshoot blah blah blah. They're 35mi away one way, don't have time for that and no guarantee they'd give me a new battery. Said they might exchange the phone. No thank you, took me a week to set it up the way I wanted it. Called 611/tech support and without hesitation they're shipping me a new battery today :)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Called the store I got the phone from, they'd heard nothing about this battery issue, said I could bring it in and they would troubleshoot blah blah blah. They're 35mi away one way, don't have time for that and no guarantee they'd give me a new battery. Said they might exchange the phone. No thank you, took me a week to set it up the way I wanted it. Called 611/tech support and without hesitation they're shipping me a new battery today :)

I've always had better results using those 3 digits than any 10 digit #s I've dialed to a retailer for help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar